Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 10 years ago

How much does duplicating a key cost at Ace Hardware?

I lost my key.... o.O

Sorry if this question isn't in its right place..

Favorite Answer

Single sided key $1.50-$2.75

Double sided key $2.50-$4.00

But they need a key to make one from. I hope you have a spare key for them to cut the new one from.

• lind

Ace Hardware Keys

• hamson

Ace Hardware Key Copy

• I agree with the other locksmith. Ace is about a buck and a half. Most locksmiths are about 2 bucks for a precise duplicate 5 dollars for a code cut house key more for car keys. Dollar for dollar if you are planning on using that key for a while it's well worth the small difference. I guarantee Ace has a higher percentage profit , calibrate less frequently , and are not as ashamed when a customer says the duplicate doesn't work. Unless your time is worth nothing and the locks replacement are not your job I would go to a pro. That being said, this is probably a generalization because I know a very good ace hardware in Sun City West near my town of Surprise and a Lowes in Surprise Az , both of which are very good alternantives on a good percentage of keys.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I lost my key.... o.O

Source(s): duplicating key cost ace hardware: https://tr.im/abUr8

Too much. Being a locksmith in Denver, CO, I see the keys people use and have problems with on a daily basis. I find keys cut at ACE in the Denver area are often cut way too deep. Sometimes they work for a while, but usually it is short lived. I re-cut keys for these customers to factory depths using a code machine, and they work just great. I would go ANYWHERE other than ACE for key duplicating.

5 bucks, a couple bucks for the key, bus fare, or car wear and tare and gas, you might stop for something to drink or munch on. You might also see something there you want to buy. There are many places to have keys made.

maybe like 2-3 bucks but you can just go there and find out. you can also get ones with designs on them but that may cost you more.

had a Yale type latch key copied to day (UK) cost me £3.

Source(s): Tomatoe
  • t-rexs

buck and a half

need to copy so you have to have at least one original

Source(s): country boy - just had that done