promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
H asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

how often should i bathe my dog?

alright so, i dont like smelly dogs, so i wash my dog every other day but i heard it was bad for it because it dries out there skin.. how often should i bathe my goldendoodle without it smelling horrific

thankss :))

12 Answers

Relevance
  • seijee
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

every other day is fine. just use quality shampoo. and have them on a proper diet.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Pamela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You should bathe your dog once every 6 months. But if they're really active dogs that like to roll around in the mud and stuff like that, they should be bathed about once every 3 months. Its not good to wash them very often because they're coats get oily and dirty very quickly - kind of like humans - so if your ex washes his only once a year and they smell, then maybe he should wash them more often. But dogs will be dogs! They always smell no matter how often you wash them. lol

• PitGrl
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Since you have a mix breed that doesn't shed because of the Poodle in it, the most you should bathe your dog is twice a month. You can use between bath wipes or waterless shampoo and a washcloth to reduce the odor, have the dog's glands suppressed (sometimes a dog will smell wretched when they need done), and brush the dog daily. If I'm going somewhere, and I don't have time to bathe my dog I wipe them down with a between bath wipe, damp wash cloth, or a bounce dryer sheet. I'm tellin ya, those dryer sheets work wonders.

Source(s): Dog Trainer, Owner, Shelter Worker
  • 4 years ago

i bathe my dog every 6 weeks

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

For bigger dogs like your golden doodle you should only bath them once ever two months max. Otherwise it is bad for their skin. To keep my dog smelling fresh I use these wipes that are actually made for cats to clean the cats. But you just wipe them down with it once every two weeks and they smell really good.

Source(s): Dog owner
  • 9 years ago

You definitely should not bathe your dog every other day.That isn't good for them. I only wash my dogs when they get smelly/dirty ,but they are short haired dogs.try once a month to once every other month.

• 9 years ago

i get my dog proffesionaly washed 1 or 2 times a year tops and she doesn't smell. it is really bad for their skin as most dogs are allergic to strong smells and soap

• 9 years ago

once a month should be fine. if he is really having an odor it could be a medical problem. you should take the dog to the vet and see if it could be something medical that is causing the smell.

• 9 years ago

I was told by my vet to bathe my dog once every six months, unless needed.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

once a month, but if you dont like smelly dogs buy a spray called "Fresh n Clean" is a cologne spray for dogs.

• 9 years ago

only once every one to two months. if your dog has a bad odor talk to your vet about it. there are shampoos out there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.