What did you think of the movie The Runaways?

BQ: What did you think of the band?

Thanks!

~K.

Best Answer

It was good, I guess. But I was kinda expecting more out of it.

Because it was pretty much based on the book Neon Angel: A Memoir of a Runaway, written by Cherie Currie. Who was the lead singer of the band, while they were "the famous five". (Cherie Currie, Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Sandy West, Jackie Fox)

And in the book there's some pretty f**ked up moments, but it's a really good book. And they just left out so much in the movie, it's not even funny. For example, she got pregnant once, which is why Joan Jett was singing on some of the songs on the Queens of Noise album. While Cherie Currie was recovering from the abortion she had. They just pretended that that never happened, they even pretended that the album Queens of Noise never happened. And the albums after that one.

Also, after Cherie Currie left the band they stayed together for a while. Which they didn't even bother to mention.

And I get the fact that Jackie Fox didn't want anything to do with the movie and they had loads of different bass players they just made up a name ("Robin Robbins") to use through out the movie.

Same with Lita Ford, she didn't want anything to do with the movie and so she didn't. Except for the fact that I think the actress who played her got to meet her though, but not sure on that.

And Sandy West passed away a few years ago (R.I.P.) so she couldn't be that much in the movie, for obvious reasons.

And because of those reasons it's okay that they focused more (just) on Cherie Currie and Joan Jett. But still they missed so f**king much. >_>

But overall it's a good movie, but people shouldn't call it a biopic because it really isn't.

Bonus Question:

I'm a huge Runaways fan (yeah, you're shocked right?). And they're my favorite band of all time, they were the first all-girl rock-n-roll band and they were definitely the best.

And I'm really looking forward to Cherie Currie's new album that's gonna come out soon. AND, I'm gonna see Joan Jett live, which is gonna be insane. Still can't believe it's actually gonna happen. And I'm really hoping that Cherie Currie does a tour in Europe even though I really doubt that she will, but hey, a guy can dream, right? But yeah, I think I'm gonna stop now, because it's getting really, like REALLY long. >_<

I loved the soundtrack and I loved Dakota and Kristen...I think they did a great job along with David Shannon, he played an incredible Kim Fowley! However, after reading Cherie Currie's book, Neon Angel, this movie does not compare!

I love the band, wish I could have seen them live! They're incredible and really paved a path for women in rock!

Peacin'

Parker Eloise Salianto

• touhey

Where the Day Takes You (1992)... its approximately institution of runaways dwelling at the streets and all of the stuff that occurs to them. It has an overly younger will smith, sean astin, lara flynn boyle, Ricki Lake,.. consistent with my boyfriend (who streeted it for almost all of his teenage years), its a rather near illustration of whats its love to runaway and be homeless. even though you do not use it, its an quality film to observe.

it was...odd. it wasn't really about the band but more about joan jett and cherie currie.

but i like the actual band. gotta give it to one of the first true female rocks bands :]

I didn't see that movie.

BQ : I like them.