Anonymous

Can I get into the University of Michigan?

I am a junior in high school right now and am very interested in going to the medical part of U of M. I know it's a tough school to get into but I was curious if I may have a chance. I am in all AP or honors classes and have a 3.8 gpa, but I only got a 25 on my ACT. I know it's an okay score but I was hoping for at least a 30. I may have time to take it again though. I am also in orchestra and national honors society and have a job. So, with the extra activities and good grades do I have a chance of being accepted?

Favorite Answer

I'm going to assume that you're talking about the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor.

Are you in-state or out-of-state?

Is the 3.8 GPA your weighted GPA or your unweighted GPA?

If it's your unweighted GPA, then that's great! However, if it's your weighted GPA, then you should focus on your grades a little more for 2nd semester of junior year and also send in scores for 1st semester of senior year.

Your extra activities sound great so far. It wouldn't hurt to participate in some volunteering over the summer though. And if possible, leadership positions in clubs are also great!

All looks good, but your ACT score is lower than the average score of students that are accepted into UMich. My friends that got into UMichigan had scores of 31 and above. Try to get it at least up to a 30!

Other tips: Apply early action! It may be a pain to finish up those essays two months earlier, but it will show them that you really want to attend UMichigan. Finish up those essays over the summer.

Source(s): Accepted to UMichigan this year (Out-Of-State)