Marchian asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

How to grow the biceps to 17 inches?

Hi guys !!!

I need some of your advice !

I'm 20 years old guy, Im' 5.9 and 196 pounds (89kg)....

Well, 3 months ago , I started weight lifting ! I was weighting at that time 216 pounds (98kg). I was following a special regime , eating healthy - no fat food , no sugary-food. But what I'd have noticed is that my biceps don't grow anymore. At the moment they are 15.5 inches in diameter (or 39 cm) .But I'm sure there is still place for them to grow !!! I would like to grow them at least up to 17 inches , for the beginning!

I do also cardio : 30 minutes of run at fast tempo, but some guys told me that this shouldn't affect my muscle growth. Also I do about an hour of different exercises with the dumbbells that are weighting from 22 pounds(or 10kg) (for some exercises) to 33 pounds (or 15kg)or even 40 (18kg) (for other types of exercises). Also I use a Barbell and it's usually weights 77 pounds (or 35 kg).

I would like to know what type of exercises you usually do for your biceps. I'll be thankful for any type of advice that would help me to reach my goal !!!

Thanks

• rr
    Favorite Answer

You said "Also I do about an hour of different exercises with the dumbbells " is this all on arms?? If yes then you are over training and only getting a toning workout. What works for some does not work for others. What works for me is 5x5 on biceps (and everything else). Pick one bicep routine for the day... 5 sets of 5 repetitions. The weight should be heavy enough that you cannot complete the 5 x 5...you fail before that. Once you get all the 5 x 5 then you go up in weight and start all over. This can also be 5x8 or 5 x 10 ...you have to figure out what works for you. Don't forget the triceps as they make up (or should) 2/3 of the upper arm size. Also, if you are not resting / recovering properly between workouts you are not letting the muscles repair/grow properly to increase size and strength .

Source(s): years of weight training / nutritional studies
  • wolsky

in case your hands are 16 inches lengthy you've a intense start illness. in case you mean you want to extend bicep and tricep length (that you're saying hands which isn't particular in any respect) then say that quite. That calls for going to the health club and doing bicep and tricep workouts alongside with having a intense lean protien eating routine. Plus for sure this is attainable to construct muscle (this is not remodeling into your hands, you want to comprehend that via now). If it wasn't all and diverse must be scrawny. -Connor

Barbell curls, ez curl bar curls, preacher curls, dumbbell hammer curls, dumbbell curls, seated curls superset with seated hammer curls. Also focus on your triceps because they make up alot of your arm so with bigger tris you have bigger arms

Thanks, your friend-Joe

Source(s): My bicep workout.

Dead hang pullups