What are some current issues in Latin America/South America?

I am 16 years old and currently in my third year of learning Spanish. I have decided that when I grow up and am old enough to travel out of the country alone, I would like to use my knowledge of the language to benefit others. I'm sure there are many issues in this region that I am unaware of and would like to be made aware of them so that I can do something to help. If anyone could inform me of what I can do to help (now and in the future) I would appreciate that very much.

Thank you!

• David
    Favorite Answer

You are talking about a lot of countries, all very different from each other. The largest South American country - Brazil - speaks Portuguese, not Spanish. Some major issues in a number of countries include:

Corruption - A lot of money is stolen by politicians

Nepotism - Who you know can be more important than what you know

Land Reform - Often poorer people don't have legal ownership of their land, or land ownership is concentrated in few hands

External relations - Perceived American domination is resented, but the rising power of China may be even worse. The region has to decide its place in the world.

Inequalities is access to healthcare and education (although the United States also has this problem)

Source(s): Lived and worked in South America

I'd with probably the most obvious that's the fact that 90 9% of black electorate voted for Obama in view that Obama was once a million/two black. That is by way of definition "racism" in the USA. Why don't you attempt to with non white racism and assess out to core of concentration on black racism; anything which such a lot contributors do not duvet in outlines in any recognize and make a assertion to your study. This might be a larger document as a substitute than that specialize in white racism and black racism is an hindrance which really desires to be addressed via further persons without being afraid to be categorised a "racist" conveniently due to the fact you possibly covering the concern.