Looking for a memory card/stick reader for a Compaq 32MB PC100 SoDimm mfr p/n 122699-001card/stick.?

I am trying to retrieve old photos and information off an old Compaq laptops memory card/stick. I was wondering if there is anything out there that can read this type of memory: Compaq part number 122699-001. Compaq 32MB PC100 SoDimm mfr p/n 122699-001 memory. I'm at a loss here and don't want to buy the wrong reader. I have been told an SDR reader would work, but I'm skeptical it just doesn't make sense to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, what you are trying to do is impossible. The component you are trying to read is volatile memory - once the laptop it was plugged into is turned off, any data is gone. What you really want is to recover data off the laptop's hard disk drive. You can take the hard drive out of the laptop and get an adapter from computer stores that will allow you to plug it into another computer's USB ports. You can then search the drive for what you are trying to recover.