Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 9 years ago

PLEASE help !! What kind of snake do I have ?? (picture included)?

http://twitpic.com/4xhqa9

I know the pic is not HQ, but here's a description:

its dorsal is Brown and has beige/yellow stripes . its belly is beige/yellow.

it's tail is so thin at the end. it's a baby so that's not her mature length

it's not poisonous.

--

and please if you know what do I feed them tell me.

Any other information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank you all, I just went to the pet store and now I know everything I need. :)

Favorite Answer

Looks like a striped crayfish snake (Regina alleni) or California Striped Racer to me.

rachel is obn the right track. knowing where you live would help. crayfish snakes only eat crayfish and whip snakes prefer lizards but will eat rodents. crayfish snakes are found from texas to the east coast and whip snakes are found from texas to calfornia

oikos has a lot to learn if he thinks that garter snakes eat insects. they dont! oikos doesnt even own any snakes. garter rarely eat mice in the wild. but it doesnt matter since that is not a garter snake.

crayfish snakes and whip snakes are both very difficult to keep in captivity so you're best off releasing it

it particularly is a Hognose. technically it is venomous, yet no longer by potential of lots. they are rear fanged, so which you particularly could enable them to bite on you for a couple of minutes in the previous they are able to even inject venom. And till you're allergic to the venom, it should not be too undesirable. perhaps some minor swelling yet this is it. They fairly ever bite nonetheless. they are going to self-compliment and hiss and fake to strike, yet infrequently do they actually bite

probably a garter snake feed it mice

It's probably one of the garter snakes. They eat earthworms, fishes, insects, frogs, salamanders, small mice, whatever they can catch.