Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 9 years ago

what should i do about a citation for possession of under an oz. Under 18 years old?

I am 17 years old and i turn 18 on June 3rd and live in Gwinnett County GA. Last night i was given a citation for possession of under an oz of marijuana. I do not have a lot of money so i need to know if i need a lawyer. I was honest when they asked about it because of the fact that they walked up on the car while we were smoking a blunt. They did not contact my parents last night so will they contact my dad? And i need to know about how much will all of the fees end up being? Any info will help a lot. Thank you

No, don't get a lawyer or attorney... attorney fees will greatly outweigh the fine (or whatever) for possession. The worst they'd do (as long as you don't have any "priors") is make you complete 100 hours or so of community service. Until you hear the words, "going to jail" don't even think of a lawyer. Also, don't rat on your dealer, no matter what they say, because they'll bullshit you so much until you basically give up your guy... it's not his fault you got busted. JUST FOLLOW THE CODE OF SILENCE. Just ******* sit there and don't say a word... even if they threaten you; it really pisses off the pigs.

Source(s): Personal experience

to tell you the actuality i think of its particularly as much as you! in the experience that your decrease than 18 the regulations says its cool, yet while your over 18 then beware! in basic terms verify the whole international would not comprehend! i've got comprehend individuals that have dated females decrease than 18 and that i recommend like around the age of 17! (no longer 13,14,15) for my area: hiya entire international says age ain't no longer something yet an excellent selection! till its there little sister or little cousin. the top element! Please, Please dont have intercourse along with her till she is eighteen! That way in basic terms in case she gets mad @ u she cant call the cops and say which you had intercourse along with her and the whole scandal starts!

• You don't need a lawyer. You need to not be an idiot and man up and pay for your crime. You need to be responsible and contribute to society; not cost society by being an idiot.

• Josh

Perhaps you should pay the bill.