Traditional cajun gumbo recipe, Plz help!!!?

So I really need an amazing gumbo recipe.... I mean slap yo mama amazing lol... Im planning on using chicken, sausage and shrimp in it but im sorta not sure as the type of roux i should use... Ive never made a home made roux and the kind in the jars that you get from the super market seem much too bland to me. I found one awhile back that was really good but for the life of me I cant remember the name. I want to to be a traditional cajun recipe (except that I will be using store bought roux).... So any recipes you have for an AMAZING gumbo would be greatly appreciated, even a reference to a great roux that I can find at the store would be wonderful... Any other suggestions are welcome also.

Favorite Answer

Heres a good recipe

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo

Ingredients

3 lb. fryer-8 cut

2 lb sausage-fresh or smoked

2 tbsp. oil

4 tbsp flour

1 c onion diced

1/2 c. bell pepper diced

1/2 c. celery diced

2 cloves garlic minced

3 tomatoes diced

2 bay leaves

1/4 c. onion tops diced

1/4 c. fresh parsley chopped

1 c. chicken stock

red, white and black peppers

hot sauce to taste

2 tsp basil

2 tsp thyme

3 dashes Worcestershire sauce

2 cups cooked rice

If the sausage is fresh, brown sausage first, then the chicken in oil. If the sausage is smoked, brown just the chicken, remove from pot. Boil grease until the water evaporates (clarify the fat), then add flour and make a medium dark roux. Add celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Simmer, 4 minutes, add tomato, basil and thyme, ground peppers, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and bay leaves. Put chicken and sausage back in and simmer at least 30 minutes, or until chicken is done. Add cooked rice, onion tops and parsley, adjust seasoning with peppers, bring back to a simmer and serve.Serves between four and six.

My advice, put in some cayenne pepper.

• ?

Here are a bunch of Gumbo recipes that are easy to cook - http://www.gourmet-living.com/category.html?catego...