Traditional cajun gumbo recipe, Plz help!!!?

So I really need an amazing gumbo recipe.... I mean slap yo mama amazing lol... Im planning on using chicken, sausage and shrimp in it but im sorta not sure as the type of roux i should use... Ive never made a home made roux and the kind in the jars that you get from the super market seem much too bland to me. I... show more So I really need an amazing gumbo recipe.... I mean slap yo mama amazing lol... Im planning on using chicken, sausage and shrimp in it but im sorta not sure as the type of roux i should use... Ive never made a home made roux and the kind in the jars that you get from the super market seem much too bland to me. I found one awhile back that was really good but for the life of me I cant remember the name. I want to to be a traditional cajun recipe (except that I will be using store bought roux).... So any recipes you have for an AMAZING gumbo would be greatly appreciated, even a reference to a great roux that I can find at the store would be wonderful... Any other suggestions are welcome also.
2 answers 2