Did Pakistan know about Bin Laden?

I wonder if Pakistany army was harbouring Bin Laden. What do you think?

• Asura
    Favorite Answer

The fact is that Pakistan has been harboring terrorists for decades and have had supported and even fought along side the Mujahideen/ The Taliban. As of this moment the Taliban have great influence over Northern Pakistan, where many of the locals support their cause and allow their villages to be governed by this group.

The last incidence of Mujahideen and other islamist groups to be involved with the Military of Pakistan was the Kargil Conflict in 1999 where joint insurgent and military forces attacked India and took strategic Himalayan Points to launch attacks on and shell the Indian army. Eventually they were defeated, the Indian army lost 520 soldiers, the Pakistani army lost around 900, and over 3000 islamist insurgents were killed.

Though there has been no official cooperation since the Kargil conflict, the Indian intelligence services and the CIA have become increasingly skeptical about the links between the Pakistani military and Islamist terrorists, when attacks are launched on Kashmir they are organised offensives and captured insurgents claimed to have been in contact with the Pakistani army, Therefore it is a generally held belief in India with significant evidence to support it that the Pakistani Military endorses terrorist attacks on Kashmir, attempting to keep pressure on India while not engaging in any direct military confrontation which they will lose against their larger neighbor.

This close relationship, and because of the fact Bin Laden was found near a military base within a Garrison town 30 miles outside of the capital Islamabad, proves that the Pakistani Military at least knew about Bin Ladens location, though the Government was probably in the dark. Through many years of conflict with India, Pakistan has one of the most adept Intelligence agencies and surveillance equipment in the world, along with on of the most trained military forces, there is no doubt they were harboring him.

• Earth

Did Republicans know about Bin Laden? Why did we have to wait for a Democrat to get him? Bush sucked! Forever and always!

• Big K

yes I think they were, and I will be upset if some heads don't roll over this. Consider that he was in a mansion in the middle of a large city, recent news says he even got porn delivered. Does that sound like a man in hiding to you?

Yep they do. Ty for the 2 points and an extra 10 points that i predict your gonna give me. XD!

Obviously.

We illegally flew in their airspace and they said not much about it, they feared that if they drawled too much attention to themselves the world would know.

Seems pretty fishy to me. But I'm not all conspiracy theorist about it. I'm just pleased there is one less terrorist turd in the world.

they knew for 6 yrs.

Probably, but I doubt they were harboring him.

two possible answers

yes

no

I think so.