Anyone know fun modern songs to play on piano?

i'm teaching myself piano and to be honest i'm bored with classical songs. If you know any good modern songs (besides Clocks, 100 years, everytime we touch, and apologize) could you please put the artist and title?? thank you!! oh and if you have a link to the sheet music that'd be AMAZING :)

Best Answer

You would have to have played an awful lot to be bored with the tremendous number of "classical" pieces. But maybe your contemporary ears would enjoy pieces categorized as "contemporary" or 20th/21st century music. Some of those composers are still living and have interesting harmonies and rhythms that pique the interest of my teen students. Not knowing your reading level, I would suggest you go to a music store with a large selection of piano print music and take a look at supplementary books--ask for help. For lack of a store, go online to sheetmusicplus or some such and "look inside" where they provide a small portion of some pieces. The books may have odd names, but if you search using piano solo contemporary 20th/21st century, it may narrow your search to a collection (better than individual pieces) by Kevin Olson or Dianne Rahbee or their fellow composers. Festival music used all over the USA every year is a good place to find American composers' works and it will be graded by difficulty.

Source(s): piano teacher
  • Personally I'm in the same position as you so I thought it would be nice to help out so here are 2 songs that are good to play:

Animals by neon trees

Fireflies by owl city

Hopefully you can help me find some songs to play too and hope this helps.

If you don't want classical pieces (not songs), but prefer modern (pop) then ask in the pop category for goodness sake.

linus and lucy - vince guaraldi

its the theme from peanuts :) its not exactly modern but it has a nice rhythm to it and its fun to play

i dont know many but:

mad world

pirates of the carribbean theme

and twilight soundtrack

• Louise

Through the Fire and Flames

NO