What is Abraham's Bosom?

It is true that Jesus liberated ALL souls in Hell when he spent the 3 days in Hell after his crucifixion. At that time all Souls resided in Abraham's Bosom, then Jesus took the keys of Hell and brought all those souls to Heaven. The men crucified next to him were forgiven also, so was Judas. Jesus was a being that made human spiritual awakening much easier and attainable. This is what happened at crucifixion. So the non-Jews BEFORE Christ were taken to heaven, and then the Gentiles who do not believe in Jesus AFTER Christ are damned, but all the Souls BEFORE Christ were saved. Some deeply religious Christian guy told me this. Though I am not Christian I find this interesting in an intellectual and curious sense.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Abraham's bosom actually represents God's bosom or chest. It means a close personal affiliation with God and being in his favor. No, Jesus was dead for those three days, in nonexistence. Only one of the two men were forgiven who died next to Jesus. No one went to heaven BEFORE Christ, he was first. All are damned who do not accept Jesus as the Messiah and the Son of God, Jew or Gentile.

Jesus made it possible, by his death as a ransom, for many before, during and after his life on earth to gain salvation. The Jews, and those who followed the Hebrew religion before Christ was born, that obeyed the law before Christ will be resurrected to salvation. Those who exercise faith in Christ since his death will also gain salvation. Whether they are a Jew or Gentile does not matter. Some of those who were ignorant of God and Christ will receive a chance of salvation when they are resurrected back to earth in the future.

• Ricky
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

No, not at all, Abraham's Bosom is Paradise. When people die they do not go to Heaven or Hell right away this was made popular by the Apocryphal Gospel of Nicodemus. When a person dies they go to Hades/Sheol in the Abyss (Underworld; Romans 10:7). The saved go to the top compartment called Paradise (Luke 23:43), the unsaved go to the bottom part the Infernal Torment (Luke 16:23,24; some translate Hades here Hell however this is incorrect as Gehenna in Greek is Hell).They are not sleeping (cf.Luke 16:23,24; also 1 Peter 3:19; 4:6).

At the end of the age, the unsaved will be resurrected with their old disease filled bodies, they and the Infernal torment part of Hades/Sheol will be thrown into Hell (Revelation 20:13-15). The saved with their glorified immortal bodies they got 1000 years before during Jesus coming will get one of three abodes or mansions depending on their closeness to God 1).Heaven, 2).Paradise (Eternally), 3).The New Jerusalem, this is why Jesus said "But others fell on good ground and it was giving fruit, the one a hundredfold, the other sixty fold, the other thirtyfold. The one having ears to hear let him hear" Matthew 13:8,9

This is confirmed by Ireneaus Bishop of Lyons a student of Polycarp who himself was a student of John the Apostle and chosen by him to be Bishop of Smyrna and other Church Fathers (cf.Ireneaus:Against Heresies 5.36 and Hippolytus: Against Plato on the Cause of the Universe). Also Purgatory is a made up concept.

"I shall reprove you in this world, and I will arrange Gehenna (Hell) before you in the world to come" Psalms 50:21 (Targums)

"And they shall go forth and look on the bodies of the sinful men who have rebelled against my Memra (Word/Reason); for their souls will not die and their fire shall not be quenched, and the wicked shall be judged in Gehenna until the righteous will say concerning them, We have seen enough" Isaiah 66:24 (Targums)

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall arise, some to everlasting life, and some to reproach and everlasting shame" Daniel 12:2

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It refers to his breasts.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He had man boobs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.