Michael Jackson History Project?

I am doing a Michael Jackson history project and I have a timeline of major events but I have to choose some to go into detail about to fill up a whole trifold poster!

Example: I am going into detail on his skin disease...

Thanks so much!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh did you know he was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize in 1998?

"1998 - News broke that Michael Jackson is nominated for the 1998 NOBEL PEACE PRIZE - Michael is among the record 130 nominees for 1998's Nobel Peace Prize, along with Pope John Paul II and US President Bill Clinton.

Nominations for the Peace Prize can be made by members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, members of some national legislatures and governments, previous laureates and university professors of history, philosophy and political science, among others. The 1998 prize will be presented on December 10, the anniversary of the death of Alfred Nobel, the Swede who invented dynamite and endowed the prizes in his will. The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in Oslo. Michael did not win the Nobel Peace Prize for 1998 but it is already a HUGE HONOR to be nominated!"

http://mjjtime.blogspot.com/2011/02/today-in-mjj-h...

A good site about his Vitiligo:

http://lacienegasmiled.wordpress.com/category/viti...

and

http://lacienegasmiled.wordpress.com/category/viti...

• Elaine
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Yes he is Wasn't Michael Black? Yep Then he's Considered in Black History What a Silly question i Agree with Ivon c your soo right <33

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You can talk about the big events:

Aug. 29, 1958: Born in Gary, Ind., the youngest of five brothers.

1964: Jackson 5 established, with Michael as lead singer.

December 1982: The now-solo Michael Jackson sees his biggest smash album "Thriller" break music-world records. Album is No. 1 in the U.S. for 37 weeks straight, with hits including "Billie Jean," "Beat It" and "Thriller." Jackson's Moonwalk dance move and the mini-movie video for "Thriller" become part of the sensation.

1984: Hair catches fire while he's filming an ad for Pepsi, and he is seriously injured. Undergoes surgery for burns and is rumored to have plastic surgery. Says his increasingly fair complexion is due to vitiligo, a skin disease.

September 1986: National Enquirer publishes photo of Jackson in what appears to be a hyperbaric chamber, or oxygen tent; the singer claims it's part of program to extend his life beyond its natural span.

1987: Reportedly offers $1 million for Elephant Man's skeleton. Also that year, releases the album "Bad," which becomes another international hit.

1991: Releases a third successful album, "Dangerous." Also that year, cruises the Caribbean with then-11-year-old Macaulay Culkin; now says they slept in same bed.

1993: Accused of child abuse in the U.S; subsequently pays multi-million dollar out-of-court settlement to 13-year-old alleged victim. He tells Oprah Winfrey in an interview that same year that he was abused by his dad, Joseph, and refutes the Elephant Man skeleton story.

May 1994: Secretly ties the knot with Elvis Presley's daughter, Lisa Marie Presley. At MTV Video Music Awards that year, shares an awkward kiss on stage with his wife, which is later speculated to have been a publicity stunt.

January 1996: Lisa Marie files for divorce.

November 1996: Jackson and his dermatologist's secretary, Debbie Rowe, already pregnant, secretly wed; they later have two children.

October 1999: Jackson and Rowe file for divorce.

October 2001: The album "Invincible" - which reportedly cost $30 million to produce - flops.

July 2002: Jackson calls then-Sony Music President Tommy Mottola a "racist."

Nov. 19, 2002: Dangles his third child, baby Prince Michael II (whom he calls "Blanket"), over a fourth-floor balcony at a Berlin hotel, shocking the crowd of fans in the street below.

2003: The widely publicized and highly controversial "Living with Michael Jackson" documentary runs on American and British TV. Documentary reveals that Jackson still has sleepovers with young boys and that his third baby was the child of a surrogate mother. Jackson is furious with the piece and goes on-air to blast it.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I think you should focus on the release of his albums and presentation of his awards etc. and some controversial issues he brought up during his life. So it would look something like this:

29 August 1958

Michael Jackson is born in Gary, Indiana to Katherine and Joseph Jackson. He is the eighth of ten children.

Michael and his brother Marlon joined the Jackson Brothers. The group's name was later changed to the Jackson 5.T

The Jackson 5 sign with Motown records to produce a record label.The group set a chart record when its first four singles ("I Want You Back", "ABC", "The Love You Save", and "I'll Be There") peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100.[3] Between 1972 and 1975, Michael released four solo studio albums with Motown, among them Got to Be There and Ben, released as part of the Jackson 5 franchise, and producing successful singles such as "Got to Be There", "Ben", and a remake of Bobby Day's "Rockin' Robin".

The Jackson 5 leaves Motown Records to sign a deal with Epic records. Michael Jackson became the lead song writer for the group.

His first solo album 'off the wall' is released.it was the first solo album to generate four U.S. top 10 hits, including the chart-topping singles "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough" and "Rock with You".[19][20] It reached number three on the Billboard 200 and eventually sold over 20 million copies worldwide.n 1980, Jackson won three awards at the American Music Awards for his solo efforts: Favorite Soul/R&B Album, Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist, and Favorite Soul/R&B Single for "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough".[22][23] That year, he also won Billboard Year-End for Top Black Artist and Top Black Album and a Grammy Award for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance, also for "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough".[19] Jackson again won at the American Music Awards in 1981 for Favorite Soul/R&B Album and Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist

Thriller is released to become the best selling album of all time.he album topped the Billboard 200 chart for 37 weeks and was in the top 10 of the 200 for 80 consecutive weeks. It was the first album to have seven Billboard Hot 100 top 10 singles, including "Billie Jean", "Beat It," and "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'."

march 1983

In March 1983, Jackson reunited with his brothers for a legendary live performance which was taped for a Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever television special. This is also when he introduced the legendary moonwalk to the world.

January 27, 1984

the pepsi advertisment in which he suffered second degree burns to his scalp due to a pyrotechnics malfunction.

May 14, 1984

he is invited to the white house to receive an award for his support of charities

'We are the world' with Lionel Ritchie is released to raise money for Africa, becoming one of the best selling singles of all time.

His skin colour starts to fade.

'bad' is released.The Bad album spawned seven hit singles in the U.S., five of which ("I Just Can't Stop Loving You", "Bad", "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Man in the Mirror" and "Dirty Diana") reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 charts. Michael Jackson won one Grammy for Best Music Video.Jackson won an Award of Achievement at the American Music Awards because Bad is the first album ever to generate five number one singles in the US, the first album to top in 25 countries and the best-selling album worldwide in 1987 and in 1988

bad wins an american music award. bad tour begins and he even broke a guinness world record because of the outstanding number of people who attended his concerts.

autobiography released. moonwalker film is released.

Neverland ranch is bought. It includes a Menagerie, a movie theatre and an amusement park

1993-1994

accused of molestation

marries lisa marie presley

HIStory is released

they divorce.

his first child is born followed by another in 1998

second marriage divorced

for more details about his albums/ achievements please visit www.michaeljackson.com

invincible is released

march 2009

this is it is announced but he dies three weeks before the actual series of concerts that sold over one million tickets in less than 2 hours

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

How about his hair getting burned off and him getting 3rd degree burns in that pepsi commercial, and the whole Bille Jean ordeal? And him dying, thats pretty important. lol :)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I really dont believe your history teacher gave that for an assignment.

But his skin disease in my opinion i may get thumbed down is false in my opinion due to his father calling him ugly and stuff i believe he changed his skin color.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.