Unemployment Benefits - Notice of Amended Unemployment Insurance Award mean?

On May 9th I received a letter saying that I was denied benefits because my previous employer said that I quit, instead of being laid off. So I sent an appeal form saying that there is a misunderstanding with my company. My employer did not provide any written statements saying that I quit or was laid off. But I... show more On May 9th I received a letter saying that I was denied benefits because my previous employer said that I quit, instead of being laid off. So I sent an appeal form saying that there is a misunderstanding with my company. My employer did not provide any written statements saying that I quit or was laid off. But I work for a security company and their contract ended. Today on May 12, I received another letter NOTICE OF AMENDED UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE AWARD. Doesn't this mean that I am now eligible or approved? EDD is really confusing me right now. I read other forums and questions. But I am not able to understand, what exactly is this means..?