How badly did Jon Stewart embarrass Fox News last night on the Common controversy?

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/common-controv...

What was your favorite part? Mine was when Stewart read some incredibly violent lyrics, revealed that they were from Johnny Cash, and showed Bush giving him the Medal of Freedom.

Or it could be Hannity saying that he'd condemn this kind of activity if someone went after Barack Obama, then showed him defending Ted Nugent's attack on Obama.

Update:

I get my news from a lot of sources, but the Daily Show is the best at pointing out hypocrisy, and Fox is the mother lode.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

I loved it.

• 9 years ago

1) Jon pointing out the contradictions and hypocrisy was priceless. I really dug when Jon finished Common's lyric and then showed the clip of Fox shouting out Ice-T, think 'Cop Killer', for turning 52. Pure comedy.

2) The Daily Show deals in satire. As per it's definition, satire pokes fun at man's vices or follies. There has to be a object of satire in order for satire to be possible. If there's no object, the then the outcome is pure fiction. The news is The Daily Show's object of satire. It actually happened. We see it. They make fun of it. The jokes are based in truth. There not exaggerated or fabricated(i.e. the ONION).

3)I didn't see anything in the original question that states or implies that the person asking gets all of their news from COMEDY CENTRAL, even before the additional details...

If U didn't like that particular episode of show or the question, U didn't have to read any of the replies or answer.

Some people...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I cannot understand why so many people above think that by simply watching The Daily Show, you must be "getting your news" from that show. It's almost as if people believe there is some law requiring you to watch one and only one TV program, so that having opted to laugh at Fox with Jon Stewart, you cannot possibly be getting your news from any other source.

• 9 years ago

I enjoy Stewart for a laugh; but anyone who takes his news seriously is mentally immature (hate to say stupid). I urge all to read the lyrics of this rapper, as well as those of Johnny Cash, and see for yourself what is being conveyed.

Common's rap promotes violence, regardless the ironic "peace yall" ending. Cash's shows regret, mistakes…teaches violence and drugs are a bad thing.

Grow up and get educated, do the research, don't be lead like sheep by the extreme leftist.

Source(s): lyrics web sites
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Notice how all the conservatives are defending Fox by stating you get your news from the Daily Show? Shows that they're so far from reality they can't tell what a parody is.

What do you expect when you insult the only channel on cable that doesn't tell them how stupid conservatives are?

• First if anyone could ever be embarrassed by Jon Stewart they would need some real mental help also the people that watch Stewart for anything other than a laugh are not the sharpest tools in the drawer. Stewart is just a mind dead comedian.

• 9 years ago

Fox is like the fox on Trump's head.

Obama 2012!

And yes, I hope they were embarrassed.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Did Johnny Cash ever advocate the murder of police officers? Did Johnny Cash ever praise Wesley Cook and Joanne Chesimard? Did Johnny Cash ever call women bitches and hos like your rap buddies do?

You liberal crybabies were advocating the assassination of Bush, now you cry about civility when someone criticizes Oblabla!

• 9 years ago

John Stewart? You consider that A NEWS SOURCE? Sad

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

That was a classic.

The Johnny Cash and Ted Nugent clips were priceless to reveal the idiocy and hypocrisy of Hannity and Fox News anchors.

It will be interesting to see if Hannity or O'Reilly have any type of response tonight.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Sad little cons who don't understand that Daily Show provides actual news, but delivers it in a comical tone are just sad little cons.

Edit:

Great Marxist ..... "Nugent never threatened the president. wanna try reality next time??" Really, you sure about that? Here ya go, neo-con:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNLmi0_216g

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.