Living in ghana and scams?

I am curious, i live in canada, i have been talking to someone online in ghana, they are saying they would like to come to canada for a vacation, and of course asked me to pay for the air ticket, the money is of no concern, what confuses me is i hear of all kind of scams from that country, but if i do pay for the... show more I am curious, i live in canada, i have been talking to someone online in ghana, they are saying they would like to come to canada for a vacation, and of course asked me to pay for the air ticket, the money is of no concern, what confuses me is i hear of all kind of scams from that country, but if i do pay for the ticket, it will be totally non refundable, it will be an electronic ticket to be picked up at the airport over there

so if it is a scam, what is in it for them?...they cant refund the ticket, thats impossible

any ideas?
1 answer 1