Ticket Fraud Question?

If I paid for Yankees tickets online through a ticket broker service such as stubhub.com, and the seller does not deliver the tickets but charges my credit card, what legal action can I take? Pending that 'stubhub' is not responsible for it (it is a lesser known site than stubhub).

The ticket broker site sent me an order receipt and listed the company that is supposed to send me the tickets.

Great info guys. Thanks. I immediately cancelled my credit card and got a new one being sent to me so that they can not charge my card any further. I've learned my lesson: stick to reliable sites. I'm in the Army and my bank is USAA. They told me that I can dispute the charge but I should try to resolve with the merchant first.

If I need to take legal action, do I hire a lawyer?

• Mutt
    Best Answer

For starters, contact the bank that issued your credit card and report it. They can take the charge off your account. Then contact the police to see what can be done.

And in the future, stick with more reliable sites. Other sites may seem to be cheaper and a better "deal" but you never know what you will get from them.

If you have approached the owner of the site and they don't resolve it, then you bring suit against the site. They took money without delivering goods and services. Make sure you keep your receipt as evidence.

you can definitely sue him...he paid for the tickets and basically owned "rent" of property at Yankee Stadium (his seats). you then paid him to use his property and he failed to keep his part of the deal....keeping the money and not letting you use his property. i'm pretty sure that constitutes breech of contract.