My mom doesnt think girls should play drums, please help? 10 ptz?

so for the past 2 years my mom has been bugging me about how i should playing instrument. and i understand, it'll be good for collage and whatever. but i really had no interest in any instruments except for drums. i always knew she would say that it's a guy instrument. one day i finally came out, and she... show more so for the past 2 years my mom has been bugging me about how i should playing instrument. and i understand, it'll be good for collage and whatever. but i really had no interest in any instruments except for drums. i always knew she would say that it's a guy instrument. one day i finally came out, and she said EXACTLY THAT. i tried saying that some girls play too, but she said she's never heard of any. drums are the only instrument i want to play and i REALLY don't want to play like the piano or violin like my mom wants me too. (it's just not me) btw if you were wondering, i'm surprisingly a girly girl lol.

plzzzz help!!!!!!! what should i tell her!?
Update: btw i told her on sunday, 3 days ago