Am I too big for a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250?

I am 6'3 and am getting a first bike. I found a nice 2007 kawasaki ninja for an unbeatable price and i am considering buying it after i go look at it. I've read from all over that i am too big for this bike and others say i will be fine. If i got it, is there a way to raise the suspension or something so that the bike is higher off the ground?

Favorite Answer

Helps to get a reply from someone with personal experience. I'm 6'4", 260lbs and I've been enjoying the Ninja 250 for the past 7 years (though I started riding 20 years ago). You'll look big on it, but you'll look big on ANY bike shy of a BossHoss. The 2008+ changes made the 250's much less comfortable, I kept mine for less than a year before selling it to buy a 2005.

Even with your size, it'll hit over 90mph, be able to cruise the interstate at the speed limit with plenty left for climbing hills, at higher than 5000' in elevation, into a headwind (like, across I-80 in Wyoming ~ again, which I've done), or go play at the racetrack. Part of the fun with the 250 for me is that the bike feels like a toy. SO easy to toss around and have fun on... probably why its been the only constant in my garage over the last 7 years. It's actually been my only streetbike for the past 3 years, when I sold my YZF600r (boring to ride legally).

Rest assured, the bike will not only be fine, it'll still do Everything anyone could ever need a motorcycle to do.

Ok... Ninja 250! I have a 2006 that I bought in December for $2100 private party with about 1800 miles on it (had a 2004 before that that ended up totaled - other drivers fault). Good choice and you will grow out of it, for sure. 1st, I would advise buying a used one that has been broken in (had its 600 mile tuneup/adjustment). They are out there. If you buy new from a dealer they add in all that extra charges and try to sell you an extended warranty that you "do not need" with this reliable bike. 2nd, buy proper riding gear and wear it every time you get on the bike. 3rd, get someone to train you to ride it to the point where you can start it , know when to shift it, maneuver through turns, keep it running, and most importantly - stop it. THEN 4th, take a training course. If you have some experience riding a motorcycle to where you have the bare basics of keeping the thing running, you will then be able to concentrate on the finer points that they are teaching and you will get more out of the course. 5th, with gas prices the way they are now you should have no problem reselling the bike when you are ready to move up to a larger cc. This bikes get up to 70 mpg. Have fun and be safe! There's a lot of good info at the ninja250 website.

when i went to a kawasaki dealership i sat on a raised ninja 250r and i felt really uncomfortable. im only 6'1 165lbs. i went with a 600cc. bigger and way more power! but whatever man its a personal choice. dont let somone on this website make up your mind for you. go to a dealership and sit on some bikes and find out which one works for you the best. buddy of mine has a ninja 500 and hes like 6'5 and he loves the bike. so maybe check out the ninja 500 too?

good luck man ride safe out there

• mn

""I've read from all over that i am too big for this bike ""

& now your getting info on here that is also incorrect.. SHOCKERS ON BIKES ARE ADJUSTABLE.

its a screw or a cam system on the shocker itself that adjusts the ride height...

when you sit on the bike the seat is long enough that you can slide back a little if you feel your to cramped.. you do not have to sit with your crotch against the tank...

so as long as you don't weigh more than 350Lbs you will be fine..

• bill

When you go to look at it ...sit on it and ride it around see how it feels.

You can NOT adjust the suspension,there isn't one like on a car...only a frame and a couple of shock absorbers.

Personally I doubt you'll be comfortable.I am only 5`9" and my brothers 700 ninja was too small

>>>>>every shock absorber(shocker?) i've ever encountered only adjusted the resistance.you could make a softer ride for comfort or a stiffer ride for better control...not height<<<<

PS i've been riding motorcycles for over 30 years...again try it out before you commit to it....doesn't matter what anyone else says you are the one that is going to ride it

I'm not your size and I don't ride one.

I've been riding a little while and I do believe the guys who like them so much.

That said, my input has to do with raising the suspension.

Other than possibly upsetting the design balance, what are the benefits once you pick your feet up?

Source(s): Unlike some Harley riders, I do pick my feet up.

you are not too big, im 6'2" weighing it at 290 pounds and i also have a ninja 250r. that this has no problem taking off with me on it and i can easily get it to 100mph. its a great bike to learn on. you will enjoy it very very much.

It can work.

Source(s): Im 6/ 4" 250 lbs and ride 70 cc to 3500 cc

i suggest a ford f350 for you

how much do you weigh?