Beth asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

How do I keep my hair straight?

So tomorrow I have my senior pictures and I'm gonna be taking them outside.. The problem is that my hair is naturally curly and I want it to stay straight for the pic.. It is gonna be humid tomorrow too.. I tried to use hair spray but it didn't help... Any advice???

Favorite Answer

Aw, I've been there! It's so humid during the summer in New York and it's taken a looooong time for me to figure out how to keep it straight during humid days. You're gunna need to buy some products at a store, like wal-mart or cvs or rite aid or any place that sells common & cheap hair products. Wake up early the morning of senior pictures! Wash your hair with herbal essences none of your frizzness anti-frizz shampoo & conditioner, it reaaaaalllllly helps get rid of frizzy hair. Then when you get out of the shower, don't scrub your hair dry. Just pat it and brush any knots out. Spray some of John Frieda collection frizz-ease heat defeat protective styling spray into your hands, it's just a clear liquid and work it through your hair. Just use a small amount. Then using a round brush (They look like this: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=round+brush&b... and a blowdryer blowdry your hair until dry. Then take a straightener and use clips to section your hair, so you don't miss ANY of your curly hair. Section it like this: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://s3.amaz...

After each section, spray the section 5 times with straight sexy hair shine spray. It keeps it straight and shiny! When you are done, spray your hair with the straight hair spray once more all over. Then make sure you have your hair the way you like it and spray it with big sexy hair hairspray all over twice. Don't touch for 20 minutes and your hair will stay straight! By the way, big sexy hair spray hair is just a regular hairspray haha it doesn't make it big or anything. It just hold REALLY well. Hope I helped, good luck hon :) I'm sure you'll look beautiful in your senior pictures!

Here are all the products I listed (They are sold at cvs, rite aid & walmart! They're cheap & work amazingggg) :

- Herbal Essences None of Your Frizzness Shampoo & Conditioner

-John Frieda Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray

-Straight Sexy Hair Straightening Spray

-Big Sexy Hair Hairspray

Source(s): personal experience! /: my hair is super curly & used to always get frizzy, but i found out some techniques that REALLY help & i always get complimented on how straight & long my hair looks :) My hair gets compared to Sammi Sweetheart from Jersey Shore haha hers is pin straight! No frizz whatsoever, so I'm happy I found a way to get my hair this way :)

Straightner with anti frizz cream

not a lot u can do about humidity. put some glass drops on it,

hair straightener