Bad circulation, Raynaud's phenomenon, how will this affect my dance?

My dance teacher noticed a while back that I have really bad circulation; for example even when I'm fully warmed up, if she touches my leg it leaves a white hand-print behind for quite a few seconds before blood slowly returns to that area. When I'm en pointe, my toes go really purple but the rest of my... show more My dance teacher noticed a while back that I have really bad circulation; for example even when I'm fully warmed up, if she touches my leg it leaves a white hand-print behind for quite a few seconds before blood slowly returns to that area. When I'm en pointe, my toes go really purple but the rest of my feet go white, my dance teacher is really worried that I could develop a serious injury from it.

My doctor said I could have Raynaud's phenomenon which would explain why my hands and toes go purple and white in the cold, but doesn't explain why they do when I'm warm and exercising. It also doesn't explain the bad circulation.

Does anyone have any idea what could have contributed to this? Does anyone else have Raynaud's phenomenon and find it a problem when dancing? Thank you
1 answer 1