what is the name of this old movie?

I don't remember much of it, but it's an old movie (probably 70's or 80's) it's maybe fantasy most likely and all what i remember is people being taken prisoners, tied by their feet and dropped in a liquid, and when they come out, they're become a statue of bronze or something.

does that ring a bell to anyone? can you please give me the name of that movie?

on a separate note, i do remeber another scene but i dont know if its the same movie or not. it's about kids suddenly being in a forest at night and monsters kidnap their parents. Is that a different movie? if so can you also suggest names? Thanks

Best Answer

The first one is this:

Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold (1986)

starring Richard Chamberlain, Sharon Stone, Henry Silva, James Earl Jones

IMDb synopsis:

Allan Quatermain once again teams up with Jesse Huston where the discovery of a mysterious old gold piece sends Quatermain looking for his long-lost brother, missing in the wilds of Africa after seeking a lost white race.

EDIT: Here's the movie trailer though the sound is rather faint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6n1jdBIIM4

Youtube thumbnail

I don't think that second scene is in this. I don't recognize it, so I can't suggest a title.

NOTE: I'm not sure why Lys selected "Band of the Hand" to suggest because I'm positive that we were not identifying that one at the site that material comes from. We were identifying a totally different movie, one in which people are dipped in gold and become statues: the Allan Quartermain movie, a sequel to "King Solomon's Mines" (1985). Both are rather campy, silly movies. Lys, you selected the wrong answer. It's very strange to see my answer quoted, especially so erroneously.

Band Of The Hand (1986) starring James Remar (as the Rambo-like guy), (Laurence) Larry Fishburne, Stephen Lang, Michael Carmine, Lauren Holly, John Cameron Mitchell, Leon Robinson, Paul Calderon, Martin Ferrero (who played the comically inept conman Izzy on "Miami Vice" TV series and the unfortunate lawyer partially devoured by the T rex in "Jurassic Park") Thanx MystMoonstruck, Midnight Creeper. Sep 9, 2010