Why do people think Marilyn Monroe is "immoral"?

Whenever i look at Marilyn Monroe, especially when she was a teenager, I feel so sad because I can tell what a lonely person she was. Every time I see her in movies and interviews, she looks so sad even when she smiles and laughs. I can almost read her like a book, her true feelings. I mean, I don't believe... show more Whenever i look at Marilyn Monroe, especially when she was a teenager, I feel so sad because I can tell what a lonely person she was. Every time I see her in movies and interviews, she looks so sad even when she smiles and laughs. I can almost read her like a book, her true feelings. I mean, I don't believe Marilyn slept with the president unless there's exact proof, pictures, audio, you name it. I think they only said she slept with JFK because of the "Happy Birthday" thing which I took it as a joke like Roseanne singing the National Anthem. It sounded more sarcastic, than sensual with an exaggerated husky voice. I don't idol her because she's beautiful, but because she reminds me of of me sometimes. I never felt like I was someone, had low-self esteem, had trouble with friends and family, and was just a depressed person. I like her because she's the epitome of a teenaged girl who just wanted to feel belonged. Even if she did sleep with men, that's her business and she was a grown woman. I do think some people are wrong when they say Marilyn was wholesome and not slutty like the women today because she did seem to flirt, get around, and was on drugs. It's just that she didn't show off her body in risky clothing that makes people think otherwise. Just because a woman dresses in skimpy clothing, doesn't mean she's promiscuous.
5 answers 5