Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

Girlfriend Cheated, should I give her a second chance?

I found out my girlfriend cheated on me and almost had sex with another guy. At first she said it was just flirting but it ended up it wasn't. She still won't tell me why she did it, other than I was out and she was feeling lonely. I'm still in love with this girl and it's tearing me apart... I'm depressed and I just want to sleep all the time. She says she's super sorry and her and her friends have been begging me to give her a second chance. She tells me she loves me all the time, but why would she cheat if she loved me? She came over to my place and she wanted to hug and cuddle but I got sick remembering what she did with the other guy. I told her we needed a break and I've hooked up with other girls. I still feel depressed and empty inside, I love and miss her to death. I just don't understand why she ruined the best relationship either one of us had..... should I take her back?

Favorite Answer

Forgiveness is one of the toughest things to give sometimes. If the issue is stressing you so much, talk to her. I think that it is important for you to know why she did what she did. It was once explained to me that when a man cheats, they can separate their feelings from it and it is strictly about the sex, whereas when a woman cheats, it is on an emotional level (primarily because it is typically viewed as she is giving up something, but I digress).

I don't know if that is necessarily applicable to this situation, so I think you too need to talk. Maybe there is something the two of you need to work on, maybe she had a moment of weakness. Let that conversation be the deciding factor.

Source(s): my opinion :)

Dont believe that once a cheater always **** but she did also lie directly about it. and if a relationship that was filled with lies and infidelity was the best both you have had then maybe you need to look at you. sounds like your clingy . and if the man is the one talking love a dove and marriage talk before the woman is then you most likely a push over type guy thats gonna get cheated on again.

take her back if you don't mind lies and cheating

take her back if you don't want your life to move on

take her back if you want to sit up wondering "why do i go threw this ****"

leave her alone if you got some damn brains in ya head

let me tell you something. ive been in this situation before. once a cheater, always a cheater! if she has the evil in her heart to do something degrating like that, then you obviously need to find a respectful girl that will wait out anything and really does love you. if she loved you, she wouldve overcome those feelings of lust and awaited for you to cure it. love is a strong word, and to me it seems as if this girl doesnt understand the true meaning of it. of coarse you will feel empty for a long while, this comes naturally with love. you will get over her, as sson as you find the right girl. and that wont happen over night hun, just to let you know. best of luck(: take this into consideration and protect your heart but follow your heart.

This is a tough one DD, I understand how hurt and upset you are by your girlfriend's behaviour; but if you really love her (and it sounds as though you do); isn't it worth giving her another chance?

Have you ever done something you wished you hadn't done and asked for someone's forgivness? It is ultimately up to you though; but if you do decide to give her another chance, make it absolutely clear that if anything even remotely close to what happend previously happens again - she'll be history!

Good luck!

sorry to hear you situation dude. well me i would not take her back. don't get me wrong here you can be her friend and tell her she can see you when ever you have a chance. keep going out with other girls and enjoy the comfort of two or three girls. then decide on whom you wish to be with. it happens to all guys but some just ignore the problem.

I am not saying that you shouldn't giver her another chance, what I am saying is the fact she cheated and wont be forthcoming to you will be the core of every single disagreement you have fro

Here on out.

Source(s): 6 year relationship, he cheated 3 months in and a few times after. Finally he slept with my BFF and I lost both.

If you do just remember it will be like starting over. All the trust and stability will be gone and you will be left with nothing but feelings and hope. Good luck

It comes down to a very simple question - do you think you can forgive her and move on? Be warned if you do, you'll have to live with what she did and learn to trust her all over again. If you cant then let her go

• ?

She is unstable! if you give her another chance the blame will be on you this time.

Do yourself a favor and dump her.

Time will heal the hurt feelings, be kind to yourself.

• Orla C

You're right, why would she have done this if she really loved you?

Let her go. If you take her back, she'll only do it again.