Girlfriend Cheated, should I give her a second chance?

I found out my girlfriend cheated on me and almost had sex with another guy. At first she said it was just flirting but it ended up it wasn't. She still won't tell me why she did it, other than I was out and she was feeling lonely. I'm still in love with this girl and it's tearing me apart...... show more I found out my girlfriend cheated on me and almost had sex with another guy. At first she said it was just flirting but it ended up it wasn't. She still won't tell me why she did it, other than I was out and she was feeling lonely. I'm still in love with this girl and it's tearing me apart... I'm depressed and I just want to sleep all the time. She says she's super sorry and her and her friends have been begging me to give her a second chance. She tells me she loves me all the time, but why would she cheat if she loved me? She came over to my place and she wanted to hug and cuddle but I got sick remembering what she did with the other guy. I told her we needed a break and I've hooked up with other girls. I still feel depressed and empty inside, I love and miss her to death. I just don't understand why she ruined the best relationship either one of us had..... should I take her back?
13 answers 13