promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what is the type of immunity that an infant acquires from mothers milk?

i myself think that it is natural passive immunity but i just want to confirm.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Immunoglobulin G (IgG) is the only antibody that crosses the placenta to the fetus during pregnancy. IgG antibodies are the smallest, but most abundant antibodies, making up 75-80% of all the antibodies in the body. They are present in all body fluids and they are considered to be the most important antibodies for fighting against bacterial and viral infections. These antibodies help protect the fetus from developing an infection inside the womb.

Immediately after birth, the newborn has high levels of the mother's antibodies in the bloodstream. Babies who are breastfed continue to receive antibodies via breast milk. Breast milk contains all five types of antibodies, including immunoglobulin A (IgA), immunoglobulin D (IgD), immunoglobulin E (IgE), IgG, and immunoglobulin M (IgM). This is called passive immunity because the mother is "passing" her antibodies to her child. This helps prevent the baby from developing diseases and infections.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

natural passive immunity

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

passive natural immunity

• 9 years ago

INFANTS HAVE GENERAL IMMUNITY FROM MOTHERS BREAST MILK AND ALSO DEVELOP SOME KIND OF ANTI-BODY TO PROTECT HIM.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

natural passive

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.