Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Please explain Bible Verse Psalms 1 Verses 5?

Best Answer

King James Version Bible

2 Peter Chapter 1

2. Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

Psalms Chapter 1

1. Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2. But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4. The ungodly [are] not so: but [are] like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Galatians Chapter 5

19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ecclesiastes Chapter 12

13. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.

Matthew Chapter 22

37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38. This is the first and great commandment.

39. And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

1 Timothy Chapter 1

5. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and [of] a good conscience, and [of] faith unfeigned:

John Chapter 13

34. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Galatians Chapter 6

14. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Psalms Chapter 18

2. The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [and] my high tower.

1 Timothy Chapter 2

5. For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6. Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

John Chapter 14

23. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Revelation Chapter 22

14. Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15. For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Ecclesiastes Chapter 9

6. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any [thing] that is done under the sun.

• Pamela

Verses need to be taken in context, and with the Bible's own explanation.

2 Peter 1:20

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things.

Psalm 1

5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,

nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

Psalm 20:8

They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.

Romans 14:4

Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

1 Corinthians 10:12

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!

The Gospel (GOOD news) of God in a nutshell is:

1 Timothy 4:10

...we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Saviour of ALL (mankind) especially of those who believe.

Isaiah 26:9

...When your judgements come upon the earth, the people of the world LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS...

- NOT BURN IN HELL FIRE.

Any scriptures that appear to contradict have been mistranslated or misunderstood.

• NISSI

This psalm speaks of final Judgment on the wicked ( those who practice evil ) dear. They will not be allowed to stay in the Lord's Glorious Presence.

New International Version (©1984)

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

Wesley's Notes

1:5 Not stand - Not endure the trial. Judgment - In the great and general judgment of the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

5. stand in the judgment-be acquitted. They shall be driven from among the good (Mt 25:45, 46).

Source(s): bible.cc/psalms/1-5.htm
  • Darrin

What did verse 1-4 say?.......>

• Speed

Certainly. Thanks for asking.

The passage is clearly tells us that atheists will not be judged. They get a free pass come judgment day. "Therefore the ungodly (atheists) shall NOT stand in the judgment..." I'll bet that really ticks off the Christians and Muslims. Maybe that's why they don't like us?

The ungodly shall have no part in the "first" resurrection (Rev. 20:5,6).

I think it says keep your beliefs to yourself only a weak religion needs money and converts

It says, "Learn to read for yourself."

Obey teh Gawd, or he'll torture you forever.