How many grams of sugar should I be having per day?

I've heard all different things, from 30% of daily carbs, to 60 grams... I have been tracking my calories for quite a bit now and I average anywhere between 50-80 grams, and my carbs are usually between 110-150 grams (trying to stay lowish on the carbs.. my carbs are usually ~40% of my daily caloric intake). Is... show more I've heard all different things, from 30% of daily carbs, to 60 grams... I have been tracking my calories for quite a bit now and I average anywhere between 50-80 grams, and my carbs are usually between 110-150 grams (trying to stay lowish on the carbs.. my carbs are usually ~40% of my daily caloric intake). Is that horrible? On average, that is like, 50% of my carbs are from sugar. Mind you, most of these sugars are natural sources like fruit and vegetables, and occasionally some honey in my tea... very rarely is it processed. Also, I don't have diabetes if you were wondering, I just didn't get any responses in Diet and Fitness, so I figured it was worth a shot.
Update: I know we don't need sugar to function.... I am not asking if I am taking in too little, I am asking if I am taking to too many.
Update 2: Nana Lamb, I understand a diabetic needs to count all carbohydrates when controlling their sugar. If you didn't see, I mentioned that I am not diabetic. I am talking about sugar. Sucrose, if you want to get more specific. You know, when a label says: Carbohydrates: 22 grams Sugars: 8 grams That is what I am... show more Nana Lamb, I understand a diabetic needs to count all carbohydrates when controlling their sugar. If you didn't see, I mentioned that I am not diabetic. I am talking about sugar. Sucrose, if you want to get more specific. You know, when a label says:

Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Sugars: 8 grams

That is what I am talking about.