Where can i make a complaint about a park?

my husband and i like to take our daughter to the park. She loves to play on everything! but a few times ive noticed dog poo in the area where children play. And i see people with there dogsthere alot. Now i love dogs...but it makes me mad that they are allowed at a park where kids play. And if they wanna take a dog they could at least clean up after them!!!! So anyone have any ideas where i can make a complaint for a situation like this?

2 Answers

  • Zach
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You would need to find out who has the rights to the park. I'd assume it's a city park. If it is a city park, you would need to either contact a member of the city counsel, the mayor, or go to the city counsel meeting and inform the city counsel of the problem. You could also write a letter or email if you wish. If it's privately owned, you would need to contact the company that runs the park. If it's county owned, contact your county commissioners, state owned, either the state park board, or your state representative or state senator. If it's federally owned, the federal park board, your senators and your representative.

  • 9 years ago

    Most cities and municipalities have "pooper scooper" ordinances on the books that require dog owners who walk their dogs in public to clean up after them. If you have a problem with dog feces that are not being cleaned up on park property, the first step you need to take is to notify the owner of the park. Usually it will be owned by the city's park commission.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.