Can you die from eating raw bacon?

My friend swears it's okay because it's already been cured/smoked but I seriously doubt it. I don't plan on eating raw bacon but he might if no one tells him different.

• Roger
    Favorite Answer

It will make you ill because it's fatty and just indigestible. It won't kill you. On the other hand, pork can carry trichinosis and other harmful diseases that cooking will eliminate, so all told it's not a good idea to eat raw bacon. Curing meats or smoking them does not rid them of all harmful microbes.

Forgive this rant, but what a question! What a thing to think of doing! What, in the name of God, would make anyone want to eat bacon raw?

Only if it was left out on the counter over night. If it was cold it is ok because bacon is smoked. When I was a kid My Dad would eat raw ground beef. My Mom would be mixing up some meatloaf and He would just stick His fingers in and pull out a big gob of raw meat and eat it. He never got sick.

• Anne J

Why would anyone want to eat raw bacon?

Did you already tried using Eating for Energy (120 raw food diet recipes) program? Proceed to this site : http://www.StayEatingRaw.com/Guide . Possibly this could obviously instruct each and every one!

It probably won't kill you, but it wouldn't taste very good and you'd probably feel a bit sick.

Believe me, bacon tastes a WHOLE lot better cooked. It's obvious. Tell your friend this.

• C.M. C

Futu, let me check. Nope the mortician hasn't been yet.

not unless its contaminated but he could get food poisoning

i did, and im not dead, atleast i dont think so lol