What are my chances at Duke University?

I really want to study political science at Duke. Here's a reflection of my high school years: Freshman & Sophomore Years: Freshman year my grades were a little low. By Sophomore year, I was literally earning C's and D's. But, the summer after my sophomore year, I was diagnosed with ADD and... show more I really want to study political science at Duke.

Here's a reflection of my high school years:
Freshman & Sophomore Years: Freshman year my grades were a little low. By Sophomore year, I was literally earning C's and D's. But, the summer after my sophomore year, I was diagnosed with ADD and starting taking medicine for it.

Junior Year (1st Semester) Grades:
Junior English (4.5 Grading Scale): B
US History (4.0): B
Spanish (4.0): B+
Journalism (4.0): B
Math (4.0): A-

Junior Year (2nd Semester) Grades:

AP Macroeconomics (5.0 Grading Scale) B --With a 5 on the AP Test! Yess!
English (4.5): B+
US History (4.0): A-
Spanish (4.0): A
Math (4.0): B+
Journalism (4.0): A-

Junior Year, I joined Model United Nations. I was chosen to attend conferences at Northwestern, Brown, and more.

This year I am the Vice President of a writing club. I was able to bring the club up, when it was losing members.

I have also completed about 250+ hours of community service.

I have been singing and playing piano since I was about ten and have been playing guitar since I was about 14. Music is one of my biggest passions :)

My Senior Year Schedule:
AP Government & Comparitive (5.0)
AP Spanish (5.0)
AP Statistics (5.0)
Anatomy (4.5)
AP Micro (5.0)
AP Lit (5.0)

My Act Score is a 32 (U of C's range is about 29-31)
My SAT Score is 2110.
I took 3 SAT Subject Tests: Chemistry (760), World History (750), US History (780)

-I am positive I can write an amazing college app essay.
-I am also sure that I will recieve great recommendations from my teachers.

My Overall GPA will be around a 3.5. But, my counselour told me that for me, GPA isnt something that they will use against ME when looking at MY application, because my low freshman and sophomore year grades were because of my ADD.

So..what do you think? Do I have a chance? Please give me an honest answer. I also, please give me any other suggestions on what I should do to my application stronger! Another thing that is bothering me is that I haven't won awards. Also, junior year, because of my ADD, I only took one AP. How bad is that? My senior year schedule is pretty rigorus though! Please let me know! :) And thanks! :)
4 answers 4