Interesting things to do and see in Oregon!?

My mom and I plan on taking a short trip to Oregon this summer. A very short trip that'll probably only last 5 days or so...And 2 of those days will probably entail driving there and back. We'll probably spend a day shopping in Portland, and the other 2/3 days (we'll see how much time off she can... show more My mom and I plan on taking a short trip to Oregon this summer. A very short trip that'll probably only last 5 days or so...And 2 of those days will probably entail driving there and back.

We'll probably spend a day shopping in Portland, and the other 2/3 days (we'll see how much time off she can get!) exploring. Last year we drove along the coast, so we've been there done that. What is there to see inland? Suggest anything. From places to eat (hole in the walls or larger, more popular places), parks, unique houses to see, art galleries...whatever!

I'll take all of your suggestions...Run them over with my mom and make a list of places to go. :)
TIA!