Is it legal to own any knife in Michigan?

I just want to know if it is legal to own any knife, including switchblades, stilettos, butterfly knives, in Michigan. I don't want to know if its legal to carry, but i want to know if it is legal to own and keep at your house. I have read the Michigan law for it, and they way I'm reading it you can own any knife.

Favorite Answer

You did well in trying to check the law. That is where your answers are to be found. State laws can sometime be confusing and hard to understand if one is not in the legal profession. Many/most states have a website where you can look up the laws, and a question box to help you locate answers. Also, some legal departments of state-local universities and colleges may offer on-line access to their law library. Maybe your state also has a legal aid bureau and they can answer questions as well.

Now, the major thing here also seems to be.... You appear very young to want to know this info/possess knives. So--don't forget to get your parents/guardians decision on the matter. They are responsible for you.

Hope this helps you. :)

i don't be attentive to roughly Michigan yet i do no longer think of spring assisted is authorized in California. I now and lower back carry a spring assited Kershaw in New Jersey yet does not be stunned if the cops confiscated it if I ever have been given hunted for some reason. Kershaws are the sharpest.

No, it's not legal to own "any" knife you want. There are restrictions.

http://knife-expert.com/mi.txt

Its a bit to read but you might as well be educated before you get caught with a knife....

No, so you had best to eat your dinner with chopsticks.