Let me get this straight - Portal for Ps3?

I just finished playing Portal 2, without any guides or anything.. and let me just say it was one of the funnest games I've played in a while. So naturally I want to go out and buy the 1st one as well, since I've never played portal until I bought the second. Problem being, I can't find the first Portal for ps3. Someone told me this is the game im looking for: http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/half-life-2-oran... except none of the videos for it on youtube look like Portal..?

• Aaron
    Favorite Answer

Portal is only available on PS3 in The Orange Box, which comes with 4 other games (all made by Valve, developer of Portal 2): Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two and Team Fortress 2. I have The Orange Box for PS3, I got it for about $20 (used).

All of those games are amazing, and all of them are in my top 20 games of all time. The Half-Life series are first person shooters, but they're not at all like Call of Duty (they're 100x better). HL2 is about 10-15 hours in length, whereas HL2: Episode 1 is about half that, and HL2: Episode 2 is about 7 hours. Portal is really short (about 2-3 hours), but it's excellent.

Portal is basically Portal 2, but without Wheatley, Cave Johnson, Mobility Gels, Discouragement Beams, Excursion Tunnels, Aerial Faith Plates and a much less epic story. Don't get me wrong, though, it's really, really good.

Team Fortress 2 is purely online multiplayer. It's an FPS, but also not at all like CoD. You must choose your class, which are: Demolition, Scout, Spy, Medic, Heavy, Pyro, Soldier, Engineer and Sniper. Each has their own unique weapons and special abilities (i.e. the spy can temporarily become invisible and the heavy can take more damage). TF2 is a TON of fun, and there's still quite a bit of people playing it. It's much harder to get a kill than in CoD (or most other FPSes, for that matter), and there's definitely a learning curve, but once you're good it's just really, really fun.

So, The Orange Box is 5 incredible games for $20-$40 that'll last you about 30 hours (infinite hours if you like TF2). It's been described by many as the greatest deal in gaming, and for good reason.

Anyway, hope that helped. I really recommend getting The Orange Box. While Portal only lasts a couple hours, you'll replay it many, many times (I'm on my 10th replay).

• Erika

Portal Ps3

Portal was originally part of the Orange Box set which is available for the PS3.

Orange Box includes Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Episode 1, Half Life 2 Episode 2 (which ends on a nasty cliffhanger - and Ep3 is in a constant state of "yeah...later..."), Team Fortress 2 AND...portal.

To the best of my knowledge this is the only way to get the original Portal for the PS3 that I know of.

The original Portal was not very long, and was basically a bonus game included with the Orange Box since everything else had already been released separately on the PC.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I just finished playing Portal 2, without any guides or anything.. and let me just say it was one of the funnest games I've played in a while. So naturally I want to go out and buy the 1st one as well, since I've never played portal until I bought the second. Problem being, I can't find...

Source(s): straight portal ps3: https://tr.im/Wj1zl

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/EqEfo

Okay, 1. Well what was the question? Did you call us up here just to argue about video game systems? 2. Graphics.. don't matter. It all depends on the gameplay, and the amount of fun you can have while playing it. HD only matters to stubborn little kids who have those Plasma Screen TVs in their rooms. And the ones who like the new Sonic The Hedgehog games. 3. They charge you for only $64 bucks a year. They also charge for PSN now. 4. Seriously, you've got like a million buttons on your controllers. Theres a total of 17 BUTTONS ON A SINGLE CONTROLLER!.. well 360 has that much too but the weight of it is ridiculous! It's so light, and there's barely any grip on it. No vibration either. 5. We've got the good game, like Halo, Left for Dead, and Banjo Kazooie. All you guys have are games where the developers just focus on the GRAPHICS, and almost NOTHING ELSE.... So all in all, can't we just agree that they're BOTH great systems? Either one or the other? Why must it always be a competition?

i bet you didnt know that every game that comes out on the 360, comes out with the same exact graphics on the ps3. some games on ps3 just load a lil faster cuz sony used newer graphic cards or whatever cuz the ps3 came out after the 360. only exclusive ps3 games truly have better graphics cuz the producers of the game dont have to bother with the 360 graphics if its an exclusive so they use the ps3s full potential. producers start out making the game most of the time on the 360 and just basically convert it to the ps3 with the same exact graphics. the reason being is so they can release the game much faster and on the same day for both consoles. pretty much all games that are on both the 360 and ps3 arent using the ps3s full potential. 360 controller batteries, u can just buy a play n charge kit and you good to go. paying for online gameplay is whatevers really to me. ps3 does play blueray, but blueray dics only hold more stuff on them, they dont hold the graphics, so if anyone says that ps3 games are better cuz theyre on blueray, its false unless the game producers put more content on the ps3 version cuz the disc has more space. that would be the only real reason ps3/360 cross platform game would be better on the ps3

The only way to get Portal (the first one) on the PS3 is to buy The Orange Box ( http://www.amazon.com/Orange-Box-Playstation-3/dp/... ), which is three games in one: Half-Life 2, Fortress 2, and Portal.

Portal by itself is available for the PC, but you can't get it by itself for the console.

yes the orange box includes portal it even says it on the box cover.