I am a failure, im almost 18 and ive never hugged/kissed/held hands/dated a girl yet?

I also met a girl about 4 months ago that i am absolutely crazy about, right now she is my best friend and im hers, ive liked her since about a week after i met her but i didn't tell her how i felt about her, and by now i am absolutely in love with her and ive actually managed to tell her this, but just as we... show more I also met a girl about 4 months ago that i am absolutely crazy about, right now she is my best friend and im hers, ive liked her since about a week after i met her but i didn't tell her how i felt about her, and by now i am absolutely in love with her and ive actually managed to tell her this, but just as we started actually talking about dating, her and her ex start talking to eachother again, and it looks like they are going to date :(((((((((
and to answer some of the questions, I'm not ugly, I'm actually pretty good looking, i row crew so I'm in great shape, I'm 6 foot blonde and athletic, but my problem is that i actually take time to get to know a girl before i think about dating them, and by that time its already too late and im in the best friend zone and they are too worried about loosing me as a friend to date me, and i respect girls too much to the point where i don't want to act too soon, and every single girl i know says that I'm the nicest guy they know so it isn't a problem with that either, it just seems like no matter what the girls always go for the tools
and im not shy around girls, about half of my good friends are girls (allot of them are failed dating attempts where i landed in the friend zone), but this girl i am crazy about right now i think is the one, no i know she is and its just tearing me apart.