Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 10 years ago

How do I restore an accidentally deleted hard disk drive?

I accidentally deleted my secondary HDD through clicking the 'Delete' option while my second HDD is selected during the Windows 7 setup. I tried to run the setup again in hopes of the installer detecting the poor deleted HDD but it didn't come out. Now, how do I make my computer detect or recognize the poor bastard?

I also tried to run the Disk Management application but it didn't recognize the second HDD.

I don't necessarily need to recover the data from the HDD but what I need is to detect the HDD itself.

Favorite Answer

You can try to recover your data with asoftech data recovery software:

http://www.asoftech.com/adr/

It uses unique modern algorithms to recover files that other software either recovers incorrectly or is unable to detect.

• vaux

in case you do not have the gadget fix option then you definately are SOL and in case you need to use the observe applicable CD you will loose all of the record's that have been on the laptop. to apply a third area application to repair it is going to fee greater desirable than determining to purchase a clean laptop and to be trouble-free they're honest at ultimate, sorry i could no longer be greater help.

Run the Disk Manager. You can get to it by typing 'diskmgmt.msc' in the Run bar.