promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 9 years ago

how to derive hookes law formula to solve for k?

Ee=1/2kx^2

K=

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

F = - dE/dx = - kx

So, yes k = ( 1/x) dE/dx

You could also write the total mechanical energy of a mass attached to this spring as

E_total = (1/2) k x^2 + (1/2) m v^2

Since this is a conservative system ( energy is conserved), dE_total / dt = 0

0 = kx dx/dt + mv dv/dt

but v = dx/dt , so this cancels out leaving

0 = kx + m dv/dt

but dv/dt = a , the acceleration

Thus F = ma = - kx which is Hooke's Law

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • rager
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

HELL NO! any human being who desires to incriminate and penal complex a human being for only getting intoxicated is solid out crammed with disease and hate and the stinkers who make weed unlawful are people who must be JAILED! Damned oppressive TYRANNICAL legislators like that must be HANGED! it's time to DECRIMINALIZE WEED AND enable people who ABIDE through THE regulation yet SMOKE WEED OFF THE HOOKS otherwise that isn't A loose u . s . a . AND this is time FOR A BLOODY conflict ! ! the government HAS NO suited to tell ME no remember if i will GET severe OR no longer and that they only USE THAT FOR LEVERAGE OVER the persons and that they must be PUBLICLY HANGED FOR IT!! confident that is suited I mentioned so ! ! The time is ripe for the regulation abiding electorate of u . s . a . to upward thrust IN power AND FLEX a splash MUSCLE AND TAKE some RIGHTS FOR OUR very own!! we've a rustic TO TAKE lower back FROM THE BANKER DICTATORS. Making it unlawful just to get severe isn't in basic terms completely without reason, yet is only a potential of having legally spawned potential and leverage over the persons who use it. there is lots they could use against those human beings alongside with fairly whilst they're utilising for a job!! i think of we ought to consistently harm people who refuse to decriminalize it and we incriminate the incriminators and notice how they like it! BLOOD FOR BLOOD! Then issues could substitute because of the fact in Washington and in different bigger places of work could is solid.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

K = force divided by the amount it stretches.

Source(s): wikipedia for hooks law
  • 9 years ago

F = Kx = dE/dx

K = dE/dx / x

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.