Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

do you believe in what Jehovah's Witnesses say?

Favorite Answer

Greetings,

Asking people for their personal opinions has very little value. Instead of seeking such subjective speculations true value would be found in looking at objective evidence. That is, we should get God's viewpoint by looking within His Word the Bible for the criteria which identifies true Christians. The Bible always indicates that there would be One True religion opposed to many false ones (Mat. 7:15-19 ;2 Cor. 6:14-17; 1 Cor. 10:21).

First, the Bible does not agree with the idea that there are many acceptable religions, all "different roads leading to the same place." Rather it teaches that there is"one Lord and one faith" and "one body" of believers (Eph 4:3-6; 2:16; Rm. 12:5; Jude 3-4). "One body" in scriptures indicate a unity in purpose and togetherness. In Hebrew and Greek the term "congregation" (QAHAL, ECCLESIA) always denotes an organized body or group. Christ showed that we would be able to identify True Christians and they would be separated from the weeds or false Christians at "the conclusion of the system of things...and the righteous ones would then shine as brightly as the sun" (Mat.13:24-30, 36-43; Dan.12:1,3,10; Mal.3:18).

Now, what are the Scriptural evidence we can use in identifying the one true religion? These are not complicated.

Scriptures say true worshipers could be identified in at least three main ways: Love, Truth (Jn.4:23; 17:17), and Fruitage (Mt.7:16ff). Conversely, by these we can also identify the false.

The True religion would be primarily known for it's love toward all (Jn.13:34,35; 1Jn.3:10-12; 4:7, 8). This would include their enemies (Mat.5:44-48; Rom.12:17-20; 1Pet.2:21-23; 3:8- 9). It would not participate in or condone carnal war (2Cor.10:3,4; Isa.2:4).

Apply this basic evidence to what happened in both world wars and current conflicts. People of the same religions met on battlefields and slaughtered one another because of nationalistic differences. Each side claimed to be Christian, and each side was supported by its clergy, who claimed that God was on their side. The definition of a "Christian" is "one who does what Christ would do": WWJD (1 Pet.2:21). That slaughter of "Christian" by "Christian" is rotten fruitage. It is a denial of any claim to being the true Church (cf. Mat.26:52). No Christian would continue to associate with these religions (Rev.18:4).

Another evidence is that the true religion would be made up of people who would all be in agreement on doctrine. It would not have members who believe differently on abortion, war, homosexuality or morals. Its members would not "agree to disagree" (1Cor.1:10; 2Cor.13:11; Phil.1:27). True Christians would be separated from the world by "truth" from God's Word the Bible (Jn.17:17; 4:23). All its teachings would be based on the Bible (2 Tim. 3:14-16; Gal. 1:8, 9).

The true religion would have a reputation for promoting exceptional morality in its members (1Cor.6:9,10; Eph.5:3-5; 2 Pet.3:14; 2Cor.7:1; 2Tim.3:5). Does a religion *require* their congregation members to live moral lives, not allowing practicers of homosexuality, fornication, or adultery to be accepted members of their congregation? Or do they turn a blind eye? If so, their "fruitage" would show they are not true Christians.

Doctrinal and moral standards would be assured from within by removing the unrepentant from association (1Cor.5:11-13, 2Thes. 3:6, Tit.3:10-11, Mat.18:17).

True Christians would be associated with God's name: (Jn.17:3,6,26; Acts 15:14/Isa.55:5; 1 Peter 2:9/Ex.19:4- 5; Ps.83:18). They would not use Bibles which have removed the Most Holy Divine Name of God. Replacing the Divine Name with the common noun "Lord" cannot be justified by any translational principles so it is a blatant "subtraction" from God's word which brings a curse on anyone who approves it (Rev.22:18).

The true Church would be engaged in an unprecedented teaching activity (Matthew 24:14, 28:19, 20). Witnesses right now are performing the greatest Bible education work ever done in all human history!

There are more scripture evidences, however these are plenty to show which religion meets the requirements of being the True religion.

Apostate Christianity has neither the spiritual strength nor the support of God's holy spirit to motivate people to follow the truthful teachings of Jesus Christ. For this reason, the result in Christendom is not true Christianity but counterfeit believers, "weeds" unfit for the Kingdom.-Mat13:24ff.

I have examined almost every religion and I have not seen another one whose members as a whole "practice what they preach," or even unitedly agree on what they should preach. I believe that only Jehovah's Witnesses can meet these requirements.

Sincerely,

BAR-ANERGES

• edoedo

Yes, I do believe extremely what Jehovah's Witnesses say.

Because most people who are Christians don't follow what the Bible said so, so that Bible is coming from Jehovah's words.

I believe in Jehovah and Jesus' teaching.

Most definitely!!!

A worldwide Christian society of people who actively bear witness regarding Jehovah God and his purposes affecting mankind, in more than 230 lands worldwide. We base our beliefs solely on the Bible.

There are appox. Seven and a half million Jehovah's Witnesses world wide. Also appox. 18 million enjoyed the memorial of Jesus Christ. You do the numbers. So many other interested ones also attended this memorial. With these numbers it shows we are not just some little organization.

Yes...

All of our teachings are based on Jehovah God's inspired word of the bible.

Nope and this is why:

1 They deny the deity of Jesus, teaching that Jesus is the archangel Michael in the Old Testament. and that Jesus is a created being, not God.

2. They teach that only 144,000 people, Jehovah's Witnesses will be in Heaven. The rest of them will live on paradise earth.

3.They do not believe in the trinity. they only believe in Jehovah.

4.The Bible says that Jesus died on a cross but one man was put on a stake so they say that Jesus died on a torture stake.

5.The Holy Spirit is an impersonal force, Jehovah's power emanating from heaven.

6. They work for their salvation.

7. They do not celebrate birthdays or Christmas.

8. They do not salute the American flag.

9. They do not serve in the military, and teach that the war dead will not be resurrected.

10. They do not vote.

Source(s):

Kingdom of the cults, Ready answers for Jehovah's Witnesses questions. Christianity, Cults, and Religions

Yes because it is out of the bible. Let me ask you, do you believe what your politicians say?

OK I am back, just wanted to say that I would not happily spend my extra time attempting to teach others what the bible is trying to get across to all of us. I have spent way too many years searching for bible knowledge and spiritual peace in the wrong religions. I would not give my all to try and walk in Christ's steps if I wasn't sure that finally, at long last, I found God's spirit within the bible itself. I guess it is something that a person has to have in their heart, then you know it is correct.

I wish you peace and knowledge, but you have to want it.

I am not a JW although I have been reading their publications on their website and I feel they do make sense and have helped me alot

• Mindy

When backed by the Bible (which what they proclaim is backed by the Bible), ABSOLUTELY, you betcha I do!

Ciao

*** Jehovah's Witnesses—Who Are They? What Do They Believe?:

http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/article_03.htm ***

You mean those people that are STILL waiting for the "prophet" William Branham to come back to life? No i do not. They are a full-on CULT. Claiming to be Christians, which they aren't in ANY way. They have too many cult-like beliefs and customs, contradict themselves in their "religion", and worship a MAN??? Christians only worship the Trinity(Father, Son, Holy Spirit), which JW DON'T believe in.

A big bunch of contradicting cult followers.

God Bless them, i hope they receive the true word.

Source(s): I've read through an entire JW tract. It made me LOL. xD

I believe what the Bible says. And they use the Bible to back up every point, so, yes.