If i dont eat bread or sugary sweets for one month will i lose around 10 pounds?

I want to lose 10 pounds in a month do you think i can by doing this as well as working out everyday?

Best Answer

Just cutting them out completely might help you lose weight, but you'll look flabby and unhealthy, and you'll probably stink of ketones. So, not a good idea.

What you need is a healthy diet that you can stick to after the month is over. This usually means a lifestyle change, not just a variation in the foods you eat. Once you decide on your real diet (what you will eat for the rest of your life), you can tailor it so that you lose weight or maintain your weight (at whatever target you set), either by counting Calories or by checking the fats and sugars you consume.

10 pounds in a month? Well, that depends on your current body weight. A good target is to look at how much overweight you are, and lose a percentage of your actual weight each week for four or five weeks. The percentage depends on how overweight you are; like if you're 200 pounds overweight, you might be able to lose 10 to 15 pounds every week for a month with no problems, but when you're only 10 pounds overweight, anything over 2 pounds per week could lead to problems.

Each body responds differently, but when I did this exact "diet," I didn't lose pounds, but I lost inches! Cutting back on rice, noodles, cereal, doughnuts, chips, and anything else that is similar to bread will definitely help. Also skip fruit smoothies (unless they're homemade) any sugary drinks, etc.

Good luck!

• ?

I would suggest eating bread still but exercising every day and making sure that your diet is healthy. Grains are an important part of a balanced diet and removing them from your diet (bread is full of grains by the way) would be detrimental.

Yeah you probably would lose it but by the next week you would gain it back

No