Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

Looking for a fench toast recipe I saw Paula Deen's sons cook on tv today...?

it was on the food network

her sons were on her show cooking a french toast recipe, but i tuned in late

it was 2 pieces of bread with strawberries in the middle and then they made their own fruit (i assume strawberry) syrup sort of thing to go on top

anyone have the link to this recipe?

i searched it on food network's website and couldn't find it =/

i'd really like to make it for my mom tomorrow though...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Rli R
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I just typed in Foodnetwork.com, clicked on Chef on the right and clicked on Paula Deen. I then clicked on the Calendar and made them both for Today. Up came today's recipes and the one you want is right there.

Here's their recipe:

Ingredients

2 eggs

1/2 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar

8 ounces cream cheese

12 slices white bread

1 cup sliced fresh strawberries

Butter, for cooking

Maple syrup, for serving

Strawberry Syrup, for serving, recipe follows

Confectioners' sugar, for serving

Directions

In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and granulated sugar. Spread the cream cheese on half of the bread slices and top with strawberries. Top with the remaining 6 bread slices and press around the edges to seal.

Melt butter on a griddle over medium-low heat. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture for a few seconds on each side. Cook the sandwiches until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with maple syrup, Strawberry Syrup, or confectioners' sugar.

Strawberry Syrup:

3 cups sliced strawberries

1 cup granulated sugar

Zest and juice of 1 lemon

In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the strawberries are soft and the syrup is thickened and reduced by 1/3 to 1/2 in volume, 15 to 18 minutes.

Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature before serving.

Cook's Note: If a thinner syrup is desired, strain the hot syrup through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container and let cool.

Hope that helps.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Alton Brown did a whole show on French Toast. He does a LOT about technique.

For example: he gets a egg-bread and lays the slices out the night before so they get dry and wont fall apart when you add the custard.

Yes - the egg mixture is a custard. He makes it up the night before, flavors with honey and leaves in in the fridge.

The dry bread now floats in the custard and picks up a layer. When cooked - the outside gets crispy but the inside stays soft.

I've done these steps and they work great.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You just have to find recipes on TV...

Strawberry-Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast

Here is the link...........http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/stra...

• 9 years ago

sounds really good..go to the food network site

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.