Blackstar asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 10 years ago

How to Remove Perm Smell?

Can anyone inform me how to remove the smell from my hair after perm please? It smells terribly.

Thank you

Favorite Answer

It's most likely a cheaper lotion the salon used. I'd say keep it a day more just so ur perm is longer lasting. If you can't stand it, spray some nice acidic smelling leave in conditioner.

After that, wash your hair with an acidic shampoo. Let it soak awhile. After that, use an acidic protein treatment. Rinse out every step properly. After washing, spray an acidic leave in conditioner.

The acidity will not only neutralize the smell but also your hair texture will improve as perm lotions are alkaline. The residual lotion will be neutralized too.

Good luck.

if it was rinsed properly, it shouldn't have any smell left in it. A perm should be continuously rinsed for 5-10 minutes depending on the hair length. It is possible that some of the perm solution got on your clothes or skin, and that is why you still have the smell. You could try using an anti-frizz serum on your curls untill you can wash it, they gerneally have a very plesant smell

the perm your using may not be the best or you aren't rinsing your hair out properly.

Source(s): Myself

olive oil or nice smelling hair grease