Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

My grandmother died today. Will she have the best Mother's Day ever?

My grandmother, "Mimi", died at 2am this morning. My Dad is in a wheelchair and doesn't get out much. We were planning on taking him to see her tomorrow for Mother's Day. Mimi was his mother. His wife (my mother) died around this time last year. It's sad to lose people. At least we are separated from them for a time. My question is-

Should we be happy for Mimi?

Will she have the best Mother's Day ever?

I know what the atheists are going to say. But what is the view of Christians here? I think it's a time fo rejoice. I was happy for my Mom when she died last year. I preached and sang "Victory in Jesus" at her memorial service.

God bless all.

Pastor Doug

2Cr 5:5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing [is] God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

2Cr 5:6 Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

2Cr 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

2Cr 5:8 We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Huh. There are lots of people here who believe in soul sleep or nothingness after death. Actually, the Bible says that we are immediately with the Lord. The body "sleeps"- This is a euphemism for death. It also shows us that the body will stand up at the return of Christ. I don't have time or energy now to do justice to the subject. Talk soon.

RE Except for martyrs who have a special place in heaven (Revelation 6), clearly all these verses prove that no one has gone to heaven yet....

So you think that there are two classes of people and only the martyrs go to heaven? The Bible teaches no such thing. It does mention martyrs in heaven, as well as other Christians in heaven. Since Jesus ascended, the spirits of the saints go immediately to heaven upon the death of the body.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Ecc 12.7

Best Answer

Ur grandmother is no longer suffering in a crruel cold world. i would say thats a good mothers day. god bless

I am very sorry for your loss...I too have lost. you can rest assured your Grandmother is "asleep, knowing nothing", no more pain or suffering. she is free from this earth and if she is amongst the righteous, shall recieve the most Glorious Gift God Gives to His Beloved:-)

The living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun." "There is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10. "The dead praise not the Lord." Psalms 115:17

So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more." Job 14:12. "The day of the Lord will come ... in the which the heavens shall pass away."

2 Peter 3:10.

there is no scripture that mentions purgatory, and there is no scripture or any chain of scriptures that really teaches that once a person dies that they can be saved after death by virtue of what people in this life are doing. And the teaching of purgatory, that the priests can pray or someone can make a donation to the church and get someone out of hell really grew up about a thousand years after Christ and it became, quite honestly, it became a scheme for the church to basically capitalize on controlling salvation, or trying to capitalize on the idea that they control salvation.

It comes from the word ‘purge’ and supposedly, you’re not quite good enough for heaven yet, but you’re going to go through a little bit of burning to get any little sin that might be left burned out, or boiled out, and how long you boil might not only depend on how bad you were but how people are praying for you. Well, that is so contrary to the teachings of the Bible. Once you die you take your record with you. People are not rewarded based on how others are praying for them once they die. People take their record with them to their grave that they’ll meet in the resurrection and the judgment, and purgatory is just not found in Scripture. It is really a teaching that came from pagan tradition.

Posing as godly loved ones who have died, saintly clergymen who are now dead, Bible prophets, or even the apostles or disciples of Christ (2 Corinthians 11:13), Satan and his angels will deceive billions. Those who believe the dead are alive, in any form, will most assuredly be deceived

Psalm 146:3,4 & Psalm 115:7 clearly states that the dead "do not praise the Lord", Job:7:9-10 / Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 Ecclesiastes 9:10 all make it clear that once we are dead, we stop functioning, we have no thoughts, no emotions, no wisdom or knowledge, and we have nothing to do with this earth anymore. and according to the Bible we "have" no soul, we ARE the soul Genesis 2:7

John 11:1-14 and John 11:23,24, 1 Thess. 4:15-18 makes it clear that the dead sleep until the 2nd Coming, when Jesus opens the graves and raise the dead. I have more:-)

Happy Sabbath:-)

Source(s): my source: God's Holy Word of course:-)

No, because the dead are not in heaven yet. People misuse 2 Cor. 5:6-8 when they try to say it means we go straight to be with the Lord after death. It doesn't exactly say that. It's just a comparision between the 2 states of a life conscious and alive on earth and then one that is present with the Lord. But that doesn't mean there is not another state in between. They SLEEP...

For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; and you are still in your sins! Then also those who have FALLEN ASLEEP IN CHRIST have perished... But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who HAVE FALLEN ASLEEP... For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's AT HIS COMING - 1 Cor. 15:16-23. ~ Note: AT HIS COMING clearly proves when we shall be alive with Christ.

Now let us look at some popular rapture Scriptures:

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all SLEEP, but we shall all be changed -- in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed - 1 Cor. 15:51,52. ~ Note: Clearly, that says the dead will be raised incorruptible and we shall all be changed at the last trumpet when Christ returns.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are ASLEEP. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And this we shall always be with the Lord. - 1 Thes. 4:15-17. ~ Note: Those who have died and are asleep will rise and then those who are alive until the coming of the Lord shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, AND THEN we will all meet the Lord in the air. And THEN we shall always be with the Lord.

I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there WILL BE a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust - Acts 24:15.

Jesus said, "And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you; for you shall be repaid at the resurrection of the just." - Luke 14:14.

Except for martyrs who have a special place in heaven (Revelation 6), clearly all these verses prove that no one has gone to heaven yet, but preachers and almost every Christian who I have heard will tickle your ears telling you they have. They don't know God's word well enough or they deceive you to make you happy. People ought to learn the Bible better so that they are not false witnesses.

May God bless you.

Im so sorry for your loss..

My grandmother also died today..

Its awful really, I cant imagine what my mum is feeling right now, seing as its mothers day and all...

She's dead. I don't think she'll be enjoying mother's day that much if she can't feel/remember/do anything.

Have a nice day.

I send my deepest and most sincere condolences to you and your family.

Source(s): Atheist