Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 9 years ago

how to make moonshine?

i want to make moon shine but i dont know how.

do i need a still?

what ingreadients do i need and whats the ratio

im thinking of using a 400 ml bottle.

any other information you think i should know please note.

Update:

would boiling the moonshine distile it or will i loose my alcohol?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Write to the Bur. ATF. They have lots of information on the subject.

• 9 years ago

You could ferment your own alcohol by simply leaving fruit juice on the counter overnight (pretty sure the result won't be pleasant), but distillation is used to isolate the alcohol to get a product of higher purity or proof. Moonshine is an example of an historically significant distilled spirit. Even though Prohibition is in the past, it's still illegal to make moonshine in the United States.

Aside from reasons relating to politics and money, there are safety concerns with making your own 'shine. One is the possibility of the still exploding from a buildup of internal pressure. Otherwise, there is the possibility of poisoning yourself with volatile oils or other contaminants by not discarding them during the distillation process or by not maintaining careful temperature control. The most prevalent health problem is contamination of the moonshine with high levels of lead. Laboratory glassware tends not to be something the average Bootlegger possesses, which means he or she will probably use metal components. Welding metal parts or using inappropriate materials (like car radiators) can lead to the leaching of lead into the distillate. It's possible to filter the lead out, but many people are unaware of the hazard.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i have no idya

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.