Foreclosure not valid?

So I go get my mail this afternoon and there's a letter from a lawyer in there addressed to my fiance and me. We bought our house in January 2010 (it was a foreclosure). Well apparently that foreclosure was done by Mortgage Electronic Registration System (MERS) and the state of Michigan has just ruled that... show more So I go get my mail this afternoon and there's a letter from a lawyer in there addressed to my fiance and me. We bought our house in January 2010 (it was a foreclosure). Well apparently that foreclosure was done by Mortgage Electronic Registration System (MERS) and the state of Michigan has just ruled that MERS foreclosures were illegal.

So the letter is from the previous owner's lawyer stating they may still have a vested interest in the property. I'm freaking out that we could lose our house over this. Yes it sucks that people were potentially foreclosed on unfairly, but we didn't know that and we did everything right on our end.

I immediately forwarded the letter to our title company and someone from their legal team is supposed to contact me, but in the mean time I'm so unsure of what the heck is going to happen and don't know what to do about it. Anyone know anything about this?