Should I purchase land right now?

To give a little background. I'm 25, a college graduate, I have a full time and a part time job, and I live rent free in a basement apartment. I have zero debt to my name, but I have never really owned anything. Some people would call it spoiled. I know that I'm blessed. I work hard and I have saved $5000... show more To give a little background. I'm 25, a college graduate, I have a full time and a part time job, and I live rent free in a basement apartment. I have zero debt to my name, but I have never really owned anything. Some people would call it spoiled. I know that I'm blessed. I work hard and I have saved $5000 this year. I recently ran across some property on a rural dirt road. I have always wanted to build my own house and have some wooded land. I called about the land and the lady wants $9000 an acre and she has 28 acres up for sale. I was considering putting down an offer for 10 acres of land. I was wanting to know if this would be a good purchase for me and, for those of you that have experience, what kind of loan would I be looking at with a bank? Will I have to have a cosigner since I have never owned anything. I got a credit card with a $500 limit six months ago to establish credit and I have been paying it off at the first of every month. Also what questions should I ask about the property before I purchase it??
Update: To clarify the plan I would have with this would be to put the money down, continue to live in my rent free basement and make $800 per month payments toward this land. In the future I would build on it. Maybe in the next 7 years or so. I love the area and I love the place where this is located.