Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSurfing · 9 years ago

what longboard is good for sliding AND doing some tricks.?

im been longboarding for a couple of months but cant figure out this one question?

i know that a board with a kick tail would be a good idea for tricks but i dont want it to be to short because i want to do slides. Dervish? a Apex?

thanks

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Ryan D
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I dont suggest getting either of those. Dervish does not have a kick, and Loadeds are overpriced. Apex (37 im assuming) are also expensive and not durable. The orignals trucks are also not versatile, as well as very unstable once you pick up speed. Both companies are just well advertised and marketed.

A good freeride board with kicktails, would be the Rayne Vendetta, BC Moray, Jet Doppler.

To go with those board you'll need a set of Randal II 180 or Paris 180 trucks, with stock bushings, and you can eventually customize your own personal bushing setup.

For slidy wheels you can try Abec 11 freerides 72mm or Flashbacks 70mm, Landyacthz Zombie Hawgs 76mm, Sector 9 Centerset Race Formula 70-74mm, or Metro Motion wheels 70mm.

As bearings go, you only need any bearing that spin well and has rubber shields, such as the $8 bearings from MileHighSkates or DaddieSkateShop

Source(s): Year of experience, Many hours on SilverfishLongboarding Forums
    • Login to reply the answers
  • shirts
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Longboards For Tricks

• Sheila
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Wheels of 83a or higher are good for sliding any softer it gets super tough. YOU CAN DO TRICKS ON LONGBOARDS something with a bit of flex (board give) gives a nice feel and a board with a turn up in the back helps if you want to do tricks. Shuvits. Peter Pan Colman slide are some tricks specifically for longboards. Check our YouTube for examples and be carefull bc longboards tend to be thinner and will snap if you treat them like a shortboard. GOOD LUCK

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what longboard is good for sliding AND doing some tricks.?

im been longboarding for a couple of months but cant figure out this one question?

i know that a board with a kick tail would be a good idea for tricks but i dont want it to be to short because i want to do slides. Dervish? a Apex?

thanks

Source(s): longboard good sliding tricks: https://biturl.im/LbFxD
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.