B

"The Bible is the inerrant word of God" -- According to whom?

I hear Christians claim that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. Who was it who made that claim that Christians believe? Please, do not answer that "The Bible says it is the word of God so therefore it is." That is circular logic. I could just as easily write a book that claims itself to the inerrant word of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The fact that a book claims itself to be true does not make it true.

@Wrenage - I suppose if I started killing anyone who disagreed with me, I'd get there a lot faster too, eh?

@anthony h - I was unaware that the Bible contained prophesies. It does contain several statements that are sufficiently vague that given 2000+ years after they were made, multiple events could be interpreted to have fulfilled them...

• Favorite Answer

according to the delusional.

By all means, write that book that claims to be the inerrant word of the Flying Spaghetting Monster and see if you get as far as the Bible has, affecting millions of people for thousands of years. If it is that "easy," it should be no problem and you should be well on your way in no time. The burden of proof is on you to achieve the exact same results as the Bible since you raised the challenge yourself.

L. Ron Hubbard has a huge start on you and the support of many famous celebrities, and he isn't even close to achieveing the same historical and spiritual validity of the Bible.

In the meantime, here are some starting points to study what you are up against.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2010/06/0...

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2011/03/2...

Good luck in proving your boast. I hope you have a lot of free time... :)

do you honestly believe that people believe the Bible is God's word just because it says it is? i doubt you really think that.

before i had read the Bible or knew that verse in II Timothy 3:16, that all Scripture is God-breathed, i still believed. faith is much more than just believing the words in the Bible. open up your heart to God and you can KNOW Him.

btw, the Bible IS the inerrant word of God. He will show you if you get your faith on!

• Him

I find it entertaining that people are defending The Bible as the word of God by making other assertions based on what the bible says.

I'm also enjoying the people who are just saying "The Bible is Truth" in the wordiest way possible, with no real evidence to back it up.

The answer is God just because you don't believe us doesn't mean its not Truth.

Look God has made it clear in the Bible that the primary evidence he provides for his existence is all of creation. Life is a test for us, you either believe it or you don't. God is all powerful and he has made it clear that he will hide himself from those who think themselves wise. An omnipotent being can of course do this. Christians also know the Bible is true because he reveals himself to us through the love in our hearts. The Bible makes this clear. If you seriously want to know whether he's real pray to him.

"The Bible is the inerrant word of God"...according to the Jewish Old Testament. Sorry, that's the only place I know of.

If you just read the scriptures of Christ and put them in your heart deep within, and obey them through all trials and tribulations (testings) you will "know" it is the word of the living Lord.

You can believe anything you want, no one is riding you about it. You are in the forum riding christians about what we believe and you don't believe it so what are you accomplishing for yourself by it?

The bible is truth, prove one prophecy that has not come true, one wisdom that steered someone wrong, and one instruction that led someone to death? you cannot, so your point is a mute one, you cannot disprove it, and as for a fsm, write whatever you want, smell like meat sauce or meat balls, get pasty and be squiggly, who cares? for it is our decision to follow Gods word and your decision not to, and if you don't like what he says take it up with him, you will not listen so you cannot learn.

• God - Nuff said

The people that lived in Bible times told their grand children, and the grandchildren told their grand children and so on and so for. Eventually, The Bible came in print so they didn't need totell the stories, because the Bible did.

According to the bible itself. Which of course makes no sense, but there you have it. It's the religious version of "Because I'm your mother and I said so, that's why."