"The Bible is the inerrant word of God" -- According to whom?

I hear Christians claim that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. Who was it who made that claim that Christians believe? Please, do not answer that "The Bible says it is the word of God so therefore it is." That is circular logic. I could just as easily write a book that claims itself to the... show more I hear Christians claim that the Bible is the inerrant word of God. Who was it who made that claim that Christians believe? Please, do not answer that "The Bible says it is the word of God so therefore it is." That is circular logic. I could just as easily write a book that claims itself to the inerrant word of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The fact that a book claims itself to be true does not make it true.
Update: @Wrenage - I suppose if I started killing anyone who disagreed with me, I'd get there a lot faster too, eh?
Update 2: @anthony h - I was unaware that the Bible contained prophesies. It does contain several statements that are sufficiently vague that given 2000+ years after they were made, multiple events could be interpreted to have fulfilled them...