Should I become trangendered?

I've been pondering this for some time. I'm straight, but date/have sex with mostly bisexual women. I do believe I wish I was born a woman, and I'm really into androgyny. One Halloween I went as a chick. I fooled pretty much everyone. Lately I've been dreaming about being a chick and pondering how my life'd be different if I was one. I kind of wish I was a chick, but I don't know if the surgery would be worth the effort or not. But long before I'd even consider that much, I'd like to know if it's worth taking the first steps. Honestly, I think I'd make a prettier woman than man due to unusually pretty and feminine eyes and a curvy body structure (for a man.) The main drawbacks I see are what my family'd think, expense, and regret. The main bonuses I see are comfort and satisfaction. I do date mostly bis, so that'd probably be about the same, but whether or not I'd date straight women how I am or lesbians would be something to consider. Personally, I'd wish I was a woman, and I do prefer women's clothing, and I've been used to being "weird" and "freaky" (I used to have long hair, wore eyeliner and all of that here and there.) I'm just not sure if it's "right" for me or not, since I'm sort of on the fence, what with my history-attraction to androgyny and bisexuals. If it helps, I'd being willing to take hormones if I thought female's the way to go.

Well I am going to answer you in around about way. And it's a bit of my own story in how I became a woman. To start with I also looked like a girl all my life even when I was a kid. I was always mistaken as a girl. Even in my teens I was of a very girlish look. In my case I was a bit fortunateness if you could say that even if I couldn't say that then of contracting cancer on my genitalia so they had to take it way. One of the things that worked against the cancer I had was female hormones they said and when one starts to take them you will look even more like a woman. So me and my family had a very weird meeting in the hospital, but the bottom line was I had no problem living like a woman if I had the support I needed to go through this ordeal, to witch I got. I also told my family that this was my dream since I first I could remember. So I toke the plunge and started the proses and with in two years I was a woman 17 years old but anyway.

Be forthcoming if you can. Be honest with you self. Ask you self do I want to be woman and if the answer to that question is yes. Then start the process. But as you said you self it wont be easy, at times it can be shear hell but if you stick to it you can for fill your dream.

I wish you luck in your enterprise. And what ever you do, do it for you and not for someone else or be unhappy.

You don't become Transsexual, it's not like you chug down a thing of SunnyD and Rum. Go "Hey I think I was born in the wrong body, I'll be Transsexual", it's comes with Gender identity. Which is a mental illness, you don't decide. You are, if you feel you where born in the wrong body/gender. Then you are transsexual but you do not decide to become it, Have I Made My Point Clear?

Source(s): Putting my heart and one tooth into everything I do.

Hormones are often the first step that many transgendered people take. However, they can have serious repercussions. I would suggest talking to a counselor first. M2F's often start with hormone treatment. However, I think it may be wiser to start with facial feminization surgery. That way, if they change their mind, they could look masculine again by growing a beard.

I think your idea is reasonable.

Only if you hate yourself.