Girlfriend doesn't want sex?

I have been dating a girl for about 7 months and she is my first girlfriend and we have a strong and healthy relationship. We always kiss and hug a lot and it is very good. We are seniors in high school. Recently I asked her about her past relationships and I found out she isn't a virgin she lost it to her past boyfriend. I had to get over this since I am a virgin. And I love her and she loves me we always tell each other we love one another and sometimes we argue on who loves the other one more. One day we were hanging out and we saw a condom so I thought to ask about sex between us. She says she is ready and such but doesn't want to have sex. I am extremely confused about this since she lost her virginity to her past boyfriend within the first month and had sex regularly about once a month. Please help. Why doesn't she want to have sex?

Side note she told me she has never felt this way to a guy ever and also she can see us being married

Best Answer

She probably doesn't want to ruin what you guys have over sex. Sometimes after having sex can make things different for people, and not in a good way. She is probably regretting having sex with her other boyfriend so soon just to have it all end and doesn't want that to happen again. If you really love her you will wait for when she is truly ready whether it be next year or till marriage. 7 months is nothing compared to a life time if you guys are really made for each other. Just be patient and don't push her into anything, that will surely end baldy.

She honestly truly likes you (I can tell - I'm a girl.(:) but she was maybe pressured into that by her last boyfriend. She could be emotionally scarred from the previous relationship.

She also is a girl and all girls want the storybook love. She feels something special with you that makes her want to know you emotionally rather than physically.

The best thing you can do is to leave it alone and not pressure her. You may lose the thing most important to you. When she's ready, she'll let it happen. But for best results, wait until marriage. A study has been done proving that people who wait until marriage enjoy it more and happier in their marriages.

Good luck and by the way, you guys sound super cute together.(:

She may very well regret having had sex, and she doesn't want to make that same mistake with you. Sex is a big deal, and she probably really cares about you and doesn't want to mess anything up.

Don't be afraid to talk to her about it. Tell her that it isn't a huge problem, but that you're wondering why she is choosing to abstain from sex with you when she is not a virgin. Approach the question carefully, because you don't want to upset her or make her think you're attacking her; just let her know that you want to talk to her about it like an adult.

• Faith

It's quite possible she regrets that first experience and maybe rushed into it so she's waiting to see how she truly feels about you.

Just because she had sex with another guy doesn't mean she has to have sex with you. Love or not.

It's good you are talking about it. Be patient and wait for her. She sounds like she wants this relationship to last and be more serious than before so rather than jumping in she's being cautious. Don't pressure her just love her.

Because she probably has too much respect for you. You are a virgin and maybe she isn't ready to take that from you just yet. It's a pretty big deal taking someones virginity.

I'm going to guess that she really cares about you and doesn't want to mess the relationship up. The big part about this problem is that she probably would like you to respect her wishes. At least she can see herself marrying you.

She may wish she was still a virgin or she may too well know how sex can ruin a relationship.