Brad
Lv 5
Brad asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Why don't more people realize how the environmental regulators are destroying civilization?

http://mises.org/daily/5267/Why-Everything-Is-Dirt...

Thanks to the regulators, our toilets don't flush property, our lightbulbs are ugly, our shower heads don't put out enough water, our dishwashers don't get dishes clean (the government banned phosphates in detergent, which is why there is a white film on your dishes), our washing machines don't use enough water to get clothes clean (in 1996, Consumer Reports rated every washing machine as "good" or "excellent"; in 2007, now were better than "mediocre" and many were "poor"), and washing machine detergent doesn't work as well as it used to (because the government banned trisodium phosphate from detergents).

It is, of course, more widely known that the government is responsible for the return of bedbugs (until a few years ago, I thought bedbugs were as real as the boogeyman!) because of its ban on DDT, which was also pushed by lying environmentalists. But, the environmentalist-inspired regulators also did all of these other things to you, in the name of "protecting" the environment. The next thing they are going to ban is the ingredient used by the dry cleaners (perchloroethylene).

Recently, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) brought up some of these issues. He probably learned about them from previous articles by the same author as the one I linked to.

What kind of world do you want to live in? A world where the regulators ban everything that works in the name of protecting the environment (make no mistake about it, the "green" crowd even wants to ban every form of energy that works and their restrictions on American oil production and on the construction of refineries are the main reason why gas costs so much) or a world where the free market determines what products work and makes those products affordable and available to all? Why hasn't anybody revealed the cause and effect to the American people of what the environmentalists and the regulators are doing to our standard of living? Surely, most people would be in favor of repealing these regulations and sending the regulators into the unemployment line if they only knew what the government has done to them.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Be sure to tell that to the person who made sure there were regulations so you can drink clean water.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

lol... so, you're cool with the rivers being on fire and needing a gas mask to go outside as long as you have your A/C?

I THOUGHT CONS PREACHED RESPONSIBILITY... WELL ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY IS A PART OF THAT, AND I'M TIRED OF CONS BS-ING US BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO LAZY TO ACTUALLY TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS...

HOW ABOUT THIS... we do away with ALL environmental regulations... BUT, THE CEOS AND MANAGEMENT CAN AND WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IN A CRIMINAL COURT if their company's cause ANY environmental damage that hurts ANYONE else... they kill grandma with smog, they go to jail for homicide...

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I agree with you 110%. The City Council in SFO is even considering a ban on circumcision!

• 10 years ago

As adults we need to be protected from ourselves, kids need to be protected from Twinkies.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

complete rubbish

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.